PDA

View Full Version : ISX3.53 and Translated String Table

Konrad
02-06-2002, 05:44 AM
Hello!
After unsuccesfult 3.51 testing, i try 3.53.
My problem is that when i import translated table prepared for ISX3.03 everything is ok unless i try to compile project.
I'm getting error -1015, translated language is Polish so my LANGUAGE_ID =1045, when i change it to 1033(English),
I can compile setup but polish chars are not properly displayed.
It seems like ISX is remaping system language to language typed in String Table.
My second problem is that when i run steup.exe i'm getting
not translated dialog boxes (in English) it seems like there are
some diferencies between ISX3.03 String Table and ISX3.53 String Table, some more entries or changed entries.

Please help.
I still have to use 3.03 but that version is not enough for me because of not supporting updateing of shared dll's
Konrad

Chandima
02-06-2002, 01:21 PM
I still recomend going with Express 3.53. Do you have Visual Studio on your machine? If so it has a tool called "Windiff" which can find differences between two text files. I think we just added the DatabaseFolder dialog in Express 3.5 so updating the 3.03 string table with these missing entries should make it work. If all else fails you might have to re-translate the 3.53 string table...

Konrad
02-07-2002, 02:33 AM
but what about this error(-1015), i'll be pleased to see Polish chars in my setups.

Chandima
02-12-2002, 03:42 PM
What if you change the Language ID back to 1033 and build again? This should not cause the build error AND show the polish characters properly. Also (please forgive my ignorance!) does Polish use enlglish letters or does it have some special characters like in Russian? Also, could you post the 3.03 string table here? I'd like to take a look at this issue a little closer. Thanks.

Konrad
02-13-2002, 05:35 AM
when i change language_id to 1033 buliding process goes ok.
I have problem only with these characters.
Most characters are exactly like english but there are also
some special characters in eg. (¹,æ,Ÿ,¿,ê,ó,³,ñ,œ)
probably You can't see them properly, so i'l send them in *.jpg.
I don't know that in one post i'm able to send two attachments
so i'l do it in the second one.

Konrad
02-13-2002, 05:40 AM
picture with polish chars as attachment

SergejGuru
08-15-2002, 04:58 PM
Hi,

do forums have an answer for that? I also have problems, not showing characters small and capital C with caron accent, e.g.

Unicode ISO-8859-2
è & # 269; & # 232;
È & # 268; & # 200;

(I have stated HTML escape sequences - for proper display I added spaces betwen & and # and between # and decimal character code -, since I have no luck of using C style ones in Express 3.03 - this version is a requirement). Original language files in ISX have wrong characters instead of these, if I replace them with correct ones, they are shown without caron!

These four remaining chars in Slovenian language are fine

Unicode ISO-8859-2
š & # 353; & # 185;
ž & # 382; & # 190;
Š & # 352; & # 169;
Ž & # 381; & # 174;

Please please any help.

Thanks, Sergej

Konrad
08-19-2002, 06:18 AM
i've just started test procedure for ISX3.54.
after first step polish chars look's ok. they are displayed properly.
maybe Your national chars will do so.;)
of course string table is no more valid i have to retranslate it ;(

Try this version too (3.54).
I need to leave 3.03 because of sharing dll's
which 3.03 not supported, maybe am wrong?,
in 3.53 was better, i have to check how this feature is implemented in 3.54, and i hope it works.

bye
keep in touch
Konrad

SergejGuru
08-19-2002, 06:57 AM
Thanks for your reply. I will upgrade when possible (as InstallShield reseller I'm in a status quo moving sales and support to another company which I will go to in September).

BTW one of my business partners has found a temporary solution - he has declared fonts which have ONLY Central European characters in them so mapping doesn't take place. Those fonts are Courier New CE and Times New Roman CE which I haven't verified yet but I'm sure this can work.

Now I don't know who to blame - Microsoft or InstallShield? Usually first one, never the last. :-)

Thanks again,
Sergej