PDA

View Full Version : Playing .mov files get out of sync.....

Tim Mayert
02-01-2002, 10:32 AM
I have created a CD Browser window in DS 6.71 that contains 7 movie files. I have them accessed by reference.

I have noticed that when the movies are played from the CD that they get out of sync. Which means that the voice and the video will get out of sync with each other, which the product marketing does not like.

Is there any way to fix this?
Will the movies run better if they were converted to .avi files so that instead of Quick Time they can run in Windows Media?

I also sometimes get errors when exiting the demo, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

KimberlyH
02-01-2002, 02:39 PM
You may want to consider using the Streaming Media Object and stream your video files through Windows Media Player. Windows Media Player supports .mov playback. To do this, create a Streaming Media Object in the scene where the video should play.

Open the Properties to the Streaming Media Object and go to the Object Styles tab.

Select Windows Media Player as the media player.

Next, assign a path to the video to be played. Since the videos are Imported by Reference, you can use the following path:

<path>videoname.mov<path>

Select any other options you wish. Click OK and Save your demo.

If you want to start the Streaming Media Object via a button click, please refer to Knowledge Base Article: Q105697 - HOWTO: Starting a Streaming Media Object Via a Button Click

Another option is to load the .mov files to the user's Temp directory so DemoShield plays the video from the hard drive rather than locally from the CD.

If the videos are under 4 megs, you can do this by embedding the video into the Resource Manager.

Or if you want to copy the entire demo and resources to the user's Temp directory, you can do so by selecting the Multi-CD option when building your CD Browser distribution. This will tell DemoShield to copy all files in the same directory as the DemoShield Player (demo32.exe) to the user's Temp directory and to run the demo from there.

The error message you are receiving when exiting out of the demo is coming from the QuickTime Player. We have noticed is some instances the QuickTime Player does not close properly when the video stops. When it is time to exit out of the demo, the QuickTime Player throws up an error. To try and prevent this, use a Set Video State action to Stop before stopping the demo file.

I hope this helps.

Tim Mayert
02-01-2002, 02:43 PM
Thanks Kim,

I'll give the Streaming video a try and see how that looks.

Tim Mayert.:)