PDA

View Full Version : DemoNow w/ external files

admorgan
01-24-2002, 05:33 PM
I use demoshield 6.03 to create user interfaces for technical meets and as front ends to the documents that are presented there. We would like to upload the demoshield presentation that we had for our users group meeting to our web page, but I can not get it to open our powerpoint documents which are opened by "open with associated application". I did this last year and for the life of me I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

Shawna
01-24-2002, 05:37 PM
It might be that you are using the DemoX Distribution, which does not support any of the Launch Actions.

You can use the DemoNow buid, which will support the Launch Associated Applications Actions.

Hope this helps.

admorgan
01-24-2002, 05:45 PM
No, I am defidently using the DemoNow. I started off using the DemoX a year or so back, but it was too limited. Like I said I did this last year, but I can't figure out what I am doing wrong this year, but thank you.

Shawna
01-24-2002, 05:51 PM
I'll be happy to look at the demo if you would like to attach it here or give me the link to your website so I may take a look at it.

Have you embedded your pdf files into your demo or are they Imported by Reference? If they are Imported by Reference, I would make sure that you have put a copy on your server and set up the path in your Launch action correctly.

Look forward to hearing from you.