PDA

View Full Version : ** Fatal Error: -3016: Failed to add Binary table ISSELFREG.DLL to package



NewsArchive
12-07-2001, 01:00 AM
Whenever I build a certain product I get the above error. I searched the
knowledge base and I am not including the oleout21.msm but I am including
oleout32.msm.

Anyone seen this or have any ideas.

Thanks
Chris

NewsArchive
12-07-2001, 01:00 AM
Chris Fells:

The -3016 error is cause by including any Merge Module that uses the
InstallShield Self Register Custom Action (such as OLEDB21.msm) in a project
that has a file marked as Self-Registering. The problem is that the Merge
Module and the project both contain a Binary Entry with the ID
ISSELFREG.DLL. To fix the problem, I
changed the Merge Module to use "ISSELFREG.DLL.{ModuleID}" as the binary
key, and updated all references to it.

Hopes this helps,
Mike Marino


"Chris Fellas" <cfellas@spss.com> wrote in message
news:3c1102bd$1@news.installshield.com...
> Whenever I build a certain product I get the above error. I searched the
> knowledge base and I am not including the oleout21.msm but I am including
> oleout32.msm.
>
> Anyone seen this or have any ideas.
>
> Thanks
> Chris
>
>

NewsArchive
12-07-2001, 01:00 AM
Not a very elegant way to do this but it works!!!
Will this be fixed in Maintenance pack 2, I will be upgrading many more
merge modules when the next version comes out.

Thanks
Chris


"Mike Marino" <michaelm@installshield.com> wrote in message
news:3c1107d1$1@news.installshield.com...
> Chris Fells:
>
> The -3016 error is cause by including any Merge Module that uses the
> InstallShield Self Register Custom Action (such as OLEDB21.msm) in a
project
> that has a file marked as Self-Registering. The problem is that the Merge
> Module and the project both contain a Binary Entry with the ID
> ISSELFREG.DLL. To fix the problem, I
> changed the Merge Module to use "ISSELFREG.DLL.{ModuleID}" as the binary
> key, and updated all references to it.
>
> Hopes this helps,
> Mike Marino
>
>
> "Chris Fellas" <cfellas@spss.com> wrote in message
> news:3c1102bd$1@news.installshield.com...
> > Whenever I build a certain product I get the above error. I searched the
> > knowledge base and I am not including the oleout21.msm but I am
including
> > oleout32.msm.
> >
> > Anyone seen this or have any ideas.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Chris
> >
> >
>
>

NewsArchive
12-07-2001, 01:00 AM
Chris Fellas:

Keep in mind that changing a Merge Module this way will cause the Merge
Module to only self register its files if the package consuming it has at
least one file marked as Self Registering.

This issue is not fixed in the 7.02 Maintenance release. We will be
addressing this issue in the future. The tracking number for this issue is
1-6SPUD.

Thank you,
Mike Marino


"Chris Fellas" <cfellas@spss.com> wrote in message
news:3c110f3d@news.installshield.com...
> Not a very elegant way to do this but it works!!!
> Will this be fixed in Maintenance pack 2, I will be upgrading many more
> merge modules when the next version comes out.
>
> Thanks
> Chris
>
>
> "Mike Marino" <michaelm@installshield.com> wrote in message
> news:3c1107d1$1@news.installshield.com...
> > Chris Fells:
> >
> > The -3016 error is cause by including any Merge Module that uses the
> > InstallShield Self Register Custom Action (such as OLEDB21.msm) in a
> project
> > that has a file marked as Self-Registering. The problem is that the
Merge
> > Module and the project both contain a Binary Entry with the ID
> > ISSELFREG.DLL. To fix the problem, I
> > changed the Merge Module to use "ISSELFREG.DLL.{ModuleID}" as the binary
> > key, and updated all references to it.
> >
> > Hopes this helps,
> > Mike Marino
> >
> >
> > "Chris Fellas" <cfellas@spss.com> wrote in message
> > news:3c1102bd$1@news.installshield.com...
> > > Whenever I build a certain product I get the above error. I searched
the
> > > knowledge base and I am not including the oleout21.msm but I am
> including
> > > oleout32.msm.
> > >
> > > Anyone seen this or have any ideas.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Chris
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>