PDA

View Full Version : Re-ask to restart the installation program

Yves1234
01-17-2002, 09:24 AM
I am using InstallShield Express 3 with a Visual Basic project called "Anagene2".

When I run the installation program on a clean test machine with Windows 95 the following message appears :
"The program of installation should restart your system before the configuration of Anagène2 can continue. Please, click on Yes to restart now, or No if you want to restart manually later".

If I answer "Yes", the program restart Windows 95 but instead of going on, it shows that message again... Then I answer "No" and the installation goes on but it isn't normal: the program should ask to restart Windows 95 only once.

I would appreciate your help a lot to resolve this problem.

Yves.

Chandima
01-17-2002, 05:54 PM
Are you using the MDAC merge module? What version of Internet Explorer does this Win95 machine have? Are you using Express 3.0x or 3.5x?

Yves1234
01-22-2002, 04:42 AM
Sorry of my delay to answer you,

I am using Express 3.03 and I am indeed using the MDAC25 merge module.
The Win95 machine has Internet Explorer 5.5 but it isn't installed when it is cleaned (with the software GHOST).

I hope that this information will be useful and I am waiting for your reply.
Thanks,

Yves Lévine.

Chandima
01-22-2002, 11:57 AM
Download the latest MDAC and DCOM merge modules from http://www.installshield.com/downloads/isx/mm/modules.asp?source=support_central&product=cx&xmlUse= and try again. These have a lot of fixes and should work fine.

NOTE: Once you download the three msm files, browse to your InstallShield\Objects folder and DELETE the existing MDAC and DCOM files. Then copy the download ones to this location. Otherwise for some (unknown) reason the build still picks up the old merge modules.

Yves1234
01-23-2002, 10:01 AM
I have tried with the latest MDAC and DCOM modules but the problem hasn't been fixed: an error message appears saying that MDAC 2.5 is required ...
As I have saved the old files, there is no harm.

This time I have answered "Yes" when the installation program asked to restart the second time and the installation went on normally (without asking me to restart a third time).
I 'm sorry I didn't tried that before disturbing you ...

I thank you for your answers.

Yves Lévine.

Chandima
01-23-2002, 04:44 PM
Not a problem. Glad to help.