PDA

View Full Version : Error 1911. Couldn't Register MSVBVM60.DLL

alimalek
01-14-2002, 11:23 AM
Hi,

My installation package works on Windows 2000 machines with no problem. However, On Windows 95 machines I get error : Error 1911 Could not register library for file C:\Windows\System\MSVBVM60.DLL. What could be the problem?

I attached the screen snapshot.

Thanks

Chandima
01-14-2002, 12:11 PM
Are you using the VB Virtual Machine merge module? If you have this file added to your setup, remove it and use the merge module instead.

alimalek
01-14-2002, 01:03 PM
Hi Chandima,

Thank you for the reply.

I am not developer of the application. The task is to develop an installtion package using Install Shield Express to wrap this VB app and allow setup on all different versions of Windows.

How do I use the merge module as you mentioned? Are there any specific files which should be added?

Ali Malekshahi

Chandima
01-14-2002, 04:59 PM
What version of Express are you using? If it is 3.x you can use the Visual Basic Wizard. All you have to do is point to the vbp file and it will add all the references and components mentioned in the vbp file, to the setup. It will then perform a Static Scan which pretty much adds all the dependencies of these files to the setup. If you want you can then do a Dynamic Scan which will allow you to launch the application and use it. As you use each of it's functions, the DLL's that are being called will be added to your project. The scanners add the merge modules instead of files (if files ARE in merge modules). Once you build, if you get build errors about the file existing in the project twice, go to the "Files and Features" view and remove one of the references. Build and you should be good to go.

NOTE: It is VERY important that you have Express on the same machine (or very similar) that the application was developed on. Otherwise the scanners will find dependent files but won't be able to add them.

alimalek
01-15-2002, 09:29 AM
Hi Chandima,

Yes. I am using Express 3.

When I run static or dynamic scan, It comes back with some files like MSVBVM60.DLL. I believe I should select them. When I do that and Build, I get the error that I mentioned in my first posting. This happened only in Win95.

What should I do?

I am not sure what merge module is and do I realy need it or not. Can you please help?

Thanks
Ali