PDA

View Full Version : Quick Button Styles

RecTech
01-07-2002, 12:12 PM
I've been working on a project for the past couple of weeks. It's a big demo. I come into work this morning and all of the buttons are messed up in my demo; they all have a green background that I can't get rid of. I browsed through the rest of the fill styles and the other options for buttons seemed fine but the ones I was using in my demo are messed up (they have the green background). I've tried all there is to try, clicking the transparent box, changing the background. Nothing gives, it won't change in the demo, the buttons stay with a green background. Now i'm down to changing the buttons that i'm using to ones that aren't corrupted. But then again, I fear that I will come in tomorrow and they may be as corrupt as the first buttons were.

Basically does anyone know what I can do? Has anyone heard of this or experienced this before?

Also, it seems that whatever computer I open my demo on gets corrupt and it messes up that computers demosheild forever. See we have a network where I work and I've corrupted a couple of peoples' versions of demosheild already. Let me know, thanx.

-Rec

KimberlyH
01-07-2002, 02:05 PM
The green color that is appearing around your Quick Button is the color selected to become transparent when the button is displayed. This green color should have an RGB factor of R: 0 G: 255 B: 0. However, depending on the monitor color resolution you are running at and the video card you have, there is a possibility the color is being displayed differently.

You can check what RGB factor is being displayed by mousing over the colored area (the green area) and finding the RGB factor at the bottom on the Design Window. It should be displayed as: RGB: (0, 255, 0)

Try the following to see if it corrects the issue.

Go into the Properties of one of the Quick Button Styles.
Select the Object Styles tab.
Click on the Background Color button.
From here you can either select the absolute green color or click on Custom Color and Type in the R, G, B factor that was displayed at the bottom of the Design Window.

As for the corrupt DemoShield files, can you provide more information? For example, are you receiving any error messages? Are you using a different version of DemoShield from your co-workers? What exactly is happening when you mean corrupt?

All the best,

RecTech
01-07-2002, 02:20 PM
What I mean by corrupt is this: I think it's the actually project file that is corrupting demosheild and not demosheild creating a glitch. Basically, all the buttons are fine when you use them except for the two that I used in my program. Now lets say someone else goes to use those same buttons in their program, they will be messed up in theirs too. See? The green is staying no matter what-- you can't choose another background, you can't do anything. You could change it to hotpink and tranparent and it would still stay green.

When I opened my files up on another computer that had DemoShield installed on it, it corrupted the same two buttons in their program too.

Hopefully this helps. I also took DemoShield completely off my computer this morning, rebooted, reinstalled it, and it still had those two corrupt buttons in with the good bunch (weird huh?). Let me know if you find anything out, thanx.

KimberlyH
01-09-2002, 11:31 AM
To help me test this issue further I will need some additional information.

What operating system are you working on?

Which Quick Button Styles are causing this problem?

Have you tried manually selecting the background color for the Quick Buttons to see if this corrects the issue?

If possible can you send me a copy of your demo file (.dbd) that displays this behavior?

I look forward to hearing from you.