PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't register the file ...

Yves1234
01-07-2002, 04:16 AM
Hello Chandima Rajakaruna,

In a previous message I asked you about the meaning of the error -4344: "Failed to build ProgId Information for dynamically extracted COM features". Following your answer, I changed the dll's property to "self registration" . That problem seemed to be fixed.

But now, when I try the installation program with Windows 95, an error message appears :

"Couldn't register the file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\msdxm.ocx. HRESULT -2147467259. Phone your technical support" with 3 buttons boxes: Ignore, Retry and Abort."
The same message appears with Windows 98.

Could you help me once more?

Yves Lévine.

Chandima
01-08-2002, 10:25 AM
Maybe some dependent files of this ocx should be distributed as well. What happens if you manuallu copy this file to target machine and manually register it using Regsvr32? Does it give any error messages? That's pretty much what "Self Register" does...

Letford
01-08-2002, 10:01 PM
You may want to look at the ocx with dependency viewer which comes as part of the Visual studio tools.

This will show you all the dll's that the ocx is dependent on and therefore needs to be installed with your application.

Steve

Yves1234
01-09-2002, 04:19 AM
You are right, the file msdxm.ocx is included in the product Windows Media Player (Mpie4ful.exe) among many other files.

I have copied this file to the target machine and I've manually registered it using Regsvr32. There is indeed an error message:
"DIIRegister Server in C:\WINDOWS\Bureau\msdxm.ocx failed
Return code was: 0x8004005"

I fixed the problem by deleting this file in the window "Destination computer's files". Maybe it is'nt really necessary.

Thank you for your answer and I wish you an happy new year!

Yves Lévine.