PDA

View Full Version : END Timeline command

Kaos2800
01-06-2002, 03:20 PM
I have a tutorial that uses a number of buttons. Since the buttons are always on the screen I have set there end time with the new END command. When I run a tutorial, sometimes the button will not work towards the end of a slide. When I go to the properties of the button end will be written in, but the line does not go all the way to the end. All you have to do is highlight part of the word end, and it's timeline will extend the rest of the way. Will I have to go back and do this for all 6 buttons on all 21 tutorials that have between 2 to 31 slides each?

Just out of chance I've click on refresh for the scene, and checking demo integrity. Nothing seems to fix this problem but changing them one at a time.

I have included a lesson. When you open it, double click on the BACK object and you will see what I mean.

Also, after loading 7.01 update twice, demoshield about still says 7.00.

-David Schlabach
PowerChurch Software

KimberlyH
01-07-2002, 01:57 PM
I apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing. Can you provide the version of DemoShield you are using? If you have not yet updated the version you are using to the latest maintenance release, I would highly recommend doing so. You can find the latest maintenance releases for DemoShield from the following URL:

http://www.installshield.com/downloads

If downloading the maintenance release does not help, please try one of the following:

1. Open the Timeline Editor.
Double-Click on the Objects that are displaying this behavior.
Close out of the Properties by either selecting Esc or clicking on OK.
Simply opening and then closing the properties should refresh the values.

2. Try using the Find and Replace feature found under the Edit menu.
Select to end the Exit time for the Objects that are displaying this behavior.

I hope this helps.

Kaos2800
01-07-2002, 07:52 PM
Well, as I stated. I loaded the update to 7.01, but the about sceen still says version 7.00. So I don't know if I'm using version 7.00 or 7.01. The update didn't give any errors.

As for the time line, opening the object and closing it does not refresh them properly. However, the find replace does work and that will save me a load of time.

Thank You!

-David Schlabach
PowerChurch Software

KimberlyH
01-09-2002, 11:24 AM
The maintenance release should have updated the version number from 7.00 to 7.01. You may want to try reinstalling the maintenance release to make sure it was installed properly.

Also, check under the Add/Remove Programs within the Control Panel to check if the maintenance release is listed. If it is, then it has been installed. If it is not, then the patch has not been installed.

All the best,