PDA

View Full Version : pause/continue

glennchung
01-04-2002, 07:29 PM
version DemoShield 6.7

I have asked a question about building a PAUSE/CONTINUE button (the text on the button would changed to "continue" when paused and then to "pause" when resumed running) which was answered by Shawna. It worked but I have another problem.

I have built several scenes with PREV, NEXT and PAUSE/CONTINUE button. Whenever I pause the demo and click PREV or NEXT, the demo will still be paused but the PAUSE/CONTINUE button has reset to "pause" (running mode) since I have gone to a new scene.

I have attached a dbd files to demonstrat.

How do I:
[option 1] keep the demo running after I have clicked PREV or NEXT even though I have paused it beforehand

[option 2] control the text of the button according the pause/continue state of the demo?

Thanks for helping! Really need it.

Glenn

KimberlyH
01-07-2002, 01:48 PM
I took a look at your demo file and have some suggestions that should help.

I change the Pause/Continue Demo action to Pause Demo action for the Pause button and a Continue Demo action for the Continue button.

Also, I noticed the Continue button was still enabled and visible at the beginning of the scene. I unselected the Enabled and Visible checkboxes under the General tab of the properties.

Then in the Previous and Next button I assigned a Continue Demo action to ensure the demo has been reset to continue.

I am attaching a copy of the demo file for you to view. Please take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

All the best,