PDA

View Full Version : User registration widget beyond SdRegisterEx

mopic42
01-04-2002, 04:08 PM
I want to register the user inside the app. I don't see any way to create custom forms with InstallScript, and we need more info than user/company/serial.

Basically, there's a widget I've seen hundreds of times in product installation where it asks for all the standard user info (first/last name, address - 2parts, city, etc. etc. ), then allows the user to choose whether to send the information via Internet, Printer, or save it for later. I have seen this waaay to many times in an identical form from many different companies to think that it was custom-developed each time - there has to be a standard widget out there somewhere for it.

If I have to use a custom C/C++/VB app, then I will, but obviously that's a last-case. I would also prefer to have it in the program and not in a form on the web, though I suppose that I could do that in a pinch.

Can anyone help, or provide more info, especially on the common user registration widget I mentioned above?

Thanks in advance!

overworked
01-08-2002, 12:21 PM
Matthew, I've been scouring the net all day looking for the exact same information. If you happen to come across it would you mind sending the info my way? Thanks,

scott.nichols@eva-tone.com