PDA

View Full Version : Sounds

Dorota
01-03-2002, 06:03 AM
Hi, I' new in this forum.
I have the problem with the sound on the scene. i want use two sounds (music.wav anf click.wav.) on this same scene. Is it possible? I tries many times, in different ways. I try to attain effect: backgroud sound and simultaneuusly second sound like click.
thank you.
Dorota

KimberlyH
01-03-2002, 11:24 AM
Unfortunately, DemoShield does not allow for two sound files of the same format to play at the same time. If you use a .wav file as the background sound for your demo and then use another .wav file as a button click, the second sound file will interrupt the first.

You can, however, play two sound files of different formats at the same time. For example a .wav and a .mid. Try converting the click to a midi format and you should then be able to play them at the same time.

I hope this helps.

k_e_moeller
01-03-2002, 11:44 AM
>Unfortunately, DemoShield does not allow for two sound files of the same format to play at the same time. If you use a .wav file as the background sound for your demo and then use another .wav file as a button click, the second sound file will interrupt the first.

It probably is okay for the click to interrupt the background, as long as the background resumes play after the click event- is that possible?

MIXING Multiple .WAV files:
Cool Edit 2000 is an inexpensive Windows resident .WAV editor, and one function it offers is the ability to MIX two separate WAV files into one. www.syntrillium.com

However, if that CLICK sound comes in at random or user-defined times, then pre-mixing a mono .WAV track with the click would be useless.

MIDI:
As most SoundBlaster cards also offer General MIDI instruments and note mapping, you would need to launch a script which pushes the correct MIDI note number at the correct General MIDI patch# on your soundcard.

best

Karl, EMMY Award in Sound Design

KimberlyH
01-09-2002, 11:33 AM
Unfortunately, DemoShield does not have the ability to resume a sound file from where it left off after it has been interrupted. Another Play Sound action will need to be used to replay the sound file.

If multiple sound files are required, such as for a background sound and a button click, we do recommend using different sound formats to prevent them from interrupting one another.

All the best,

Dorota
01-09-2002, 11:46 AM
Thank all of you for your anwer.