PDA

View Full Version : Multi cd! V7.01 ( newbie )

IBMThepost
01-02-2002, 04:26 AM
Hello ,

After I did a big search , I didn't come up with an answer .

I have a structure build with about 7 or 8 gig of data and it's need to fit on serveral cd's , so I selected "multiple cd's" option in Version 7.01.

Well what I do not get is how to get it working ? isn't there any tuturiol or something to help me out of this mess . Could somebody send me a example ?

Please help !

greetzzz

:o

Kenny

KimberlyH
01-02-2002, 02:24 PM
The Multi CD Option is a good route to take if you are planning on distributing your demo and other files on multiple cds. What this option does is, when the first CD is placed in the CD-Rom, all files in the same directory as the DemoShield Player (demo32.exe) are copied to the user's Temp directory and the demo is launched from there. This allows the end user to remove the CD from the CD-Rom without disrupting the demo playback.

To setup your Launch actions you can use the CD Token (<CD>) which will tell DemoShield to go to the first CD-Rom drive on the user's system and find the file. If the appropriate CD has not been placed in the CD-Rom, a message can be displayed to inform the user to place the next disk in the CD-Rom. This message can be selected from the Action Settings for your Launch Application Action.

I hope this helps.