PDA

View Full Version : BATCH_INSTALL and rebooting

mmstallings
12-31-2001, 02:26 PM
Newbie question here...

I have flagged several file groups in my setup as potentially locked, and I want InstallShield to prompt the user for a reboot only if it is necessary to unlock and update a file/files. To do this I have added the sdFinishEx function to the OnFirstUIAfter and OnMaintUIAfter event handlers (?). As I understand it, this function checks the value of the BATCH_INSTALL system variable; it then calls the sdFinish function if False or the sdFinishReboot function if True.

My problem is this. When the setup is run, and the OnFirstUIAfter event is fired, the system is NOT rebooted as I expect (no problem I think, no locked files are found), but when the UNINSTALL is run from Add/Remove programs and the OnMaintUIAfter event is fired, the sdFinishReboot function is called and the user is prompted to reboot!

Is the value of the BATCH_INSTALL somehow being set to True when it shouldn't be? I'm not getting the results that I am expecting and just can't figure this out...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

JacobLevin
01-03-2002, 09:07 AM
The BATCH_INSTALL variable can be set at uninstall or install time.

If a file is locked at uninstall time when we try to remove it, we will set this variable to true and the SdFinishEx call in the OnMaintUIAfter function will display the SdFinishReboot dialog.