PDA

View Full Version : HELP!: Potential New User with Questions

mgreer942
12-29-2001, 10:24 AM
Hello,

I'm evaluating Demoshield and others for CBT and general purpose multi-media purposes. Currently, there is a $200 rebate in effect until Monday and I have a project due in 2 weeks. Obviously, time is short for me. I'm very comfortable with understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the other products I've evaluated, but I just got hold of DS yesterday and am trying to accurately evaluate it in my applications. The only reason I'm bothering with it at this late stage in the evaluation process is because I REALLY like what I've seen thus far. It appears to be an extremely powerful app that may serve my needs well. But I don't have time to take as deep a dive as I'd like. Therefore, I need anybody's help in getting these questions answered ASAP.

1) Does Demoshield have the facilities to quickly produce a "Table of Contents" scene where all of the scenes in the demo automatically get listed and are clickable?

2) Does Demoshield have the facilities to quickly build an index scene from all of the words in the demo?

3) Does DS have the ability to use a "Master Scene" concept where I can design the look/feel/buttons/functions of one scene and have that applied to all scenes in the demo?

4) Can I perform alpha channel scene fades? Alpha channel object fades?

5) Can I have a web page opened in a DS demo window? (i.e. I want the page to open in the demo window, not in a seperate browser)

6) When using the "Import to all Scenes" function from the Object Gallery, if should want to subsequently get rid of those objects from all scenes, do I have to delete them a scene at a time? If I want to modify their location, will they all be modified by me modifying one, or do I have to modify all of them individually?

I know I will have more questions, but these are ones that are off the top of my head. Thanks in advance.

KimberlyH
01-02-2002, 09:18 AM
The following information should help with your questions:

1) Does Demoshield have the facilities to quickly produce a "Table of Contents" scene where all of the scenes in the demo automatically get listed and are clickable?

-- You can create a Table of Contents type of scene within the demo. However, DemoShield cannot do this automatically based on the information from the scenes. A Table of Contents can be created by using a series of Button Objects, HotSpots, List Box or Menu Object to list the different options.

2) Does Demoshield have the facilities to quickly build an index scene from all of the words in the demo?

-- DemoShield does not currectly have the ability to build an index scene based off of the words being used in the demo. I will forward this suggestion onto our developers for consideration towards a future release.

3) Does DS have the ability to use a "Master Scene" concept where I can design the look/feel/buttons/functions of one scene and have that applied to all scenes in the demo?

-- You can create a Template for your demo and use this to create multiple scenes by simply adding a new scene. For more information on how to create a template, please refer to Knowledge Base article Q102296 - HOWTO: Creating a Template

Another option is to create a scene within your demo and then select to duplicate scene when you wish to create a new scene.

4) Can I perform alpha channel scene fades? Alpha channel object fades?

-- Unfortunately, DemoShield does not have this ability at this time. However, our developers are currently looking into incorporating new scene and object fades.

5) Can I have a web page opened in a DS demo window? (i.e. I want the page to open in the demo window, not in a seperate browser)

-- A web browser window cannot appear directly within the demo scene. However, a screen shot of the web browser can be used within the demo scene and HotSpots, QuickLinks, and other objects can be used to make it appear as though it is an active browse window.

6) When using the "Import to all Scenes" function from the Object Gallery, if should want to subsequently get rid of those objects from all scenes, do I have to delete them a scene at a time? If I want to modify their location, will they all be modified by me modifying one, or do I have to modify all of them individually?

-- If the Objects have already been imported to all scenes and you would like to remove them (not replace them), then you would have to manually remove them from each scene. If you are looking to replace the Object, you can do so by editing the Gallery Object and then reimporting to each scene.

I hope this helps.