PDA

View Full Version : Installshield for windows Installer 2.03

jprajapati
12-24-2001, 05:29 AM
Hi,
I want to buy InstallShield for windows Installer 2.03. Kindly let me know The best option for me. Currently I am having the CD InstallShield Professional 2000 containing InstallShield Professional 6.02 and InstallShield For Windows Installer 1.03. I want upgrade. To which link I can do the Upgrade so that I can not loose my primary requirement of having insatallShield For Windows Installer 2.03.
Thanks.

JacobLevin
12-25-2001, 12:08 PM
The InstallShield for Windows Installer 2.03 product is no longer available for sale as an upgrade. You would have to purchase the InstallShield Developer 7 product as an upgrade to the version 1.x product.

jprajapati
12-26-2001, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the reply. If I purchase the InstallShield Developer 7 product as an upgrade to InstallShield For Windows Installer 1.03 product (which is a part of CD InstallShield Professional 2000 containing InstallShield Professional 6.02 and InstallShield For Windows Installer 1.03.), then

1. Which version of InstallShield For Windows Installer would I be getting ?.
2. Would it support Win 95, Win 98, Win ME, Win NT 4.0, Win 2000, Win XP which is my requirement ?
3. Is Arbaic language pack available with the above purchase?
4. What would be the component of this InstallShield Developer 7 product alongwith their versions?

Thanks

JacobLevin
12-28-2001, 04:41 PM
1. Which version of InstallShield For Windows Installer would I be getting ?.

The Developer 7 product uses the Windows Installer service and is the only product you would get. To upgrade the Professional product that came with the package you purchased you would have to buy the Professional 6.31 upgrade seperately.

2. Would it support Win 95, Win 98, Win ME, Win NT 4.0, Win 2000, Win XP which is my requirement ?

Yes.

3. Is Arbaic language pack available with the above purchase?

Unfortunately, no, we do not have an Arabic language pack.

4. What would be the component of this InstallShield Developer 7 product alongwith their versions?

The Developer 7 product is one product and does not come with any other products.