PDA

View Full Version : Is ISWI deserving of a forum?

martybog
12-20-2001, 06:20 PM
I know there is an upgrade path for ISWI, but some of us will be using it for a while before upgrading. Can't spend the $$ now, ,so have to live with it a bit longer (just registered ISWI in January '01!!) May we please have our own forum?:

AdminJH
12-24-2001, 03:24 PM
...on what the level of interest has been for a dedicated ISWI forum and whether or not they have the bandwidth to monitor such a forum were it to be created.

Johannes John
01-08-2002, 09:19 AM
I agree with martybog!

Regards!
Johannes

JoelT
01-08-2002, 09:33 AM
I have created an unmoderated forum for ISWI users per your requests. It is currently activated and you should be able to see it in the product list.

Thanks,

Johannes John
01-08-2002, 11:04 AM
Thank you Joel,

but I'm astonished about your quick reaction and I'm confused because of the unmanaged forum.
Now we have two points with news: a newsgroup as archiv with a lot of information and a second community forum with only new information.
I don't know, where to set my information.
And installsite is a forum as well.
I've read the discussion in the developer7 forum about this community forum, and I'm none wiser for it ( perhaps wrong translation ).
And sometimes I need the IS Professional 5 and in some cases version 3 too. Some old setups have to be maintained.
I prefer to have all information in one forum
I don't know...

Thanks,
Johannes

tomknight
01-28-2002, 03:40 AM
I too am quite impressed by the speed with which you set up this new forum - but I share Johannes' concerns about the - shall we say - distributed nature of the information availabe to users of iswi.....

Cheers,

Tom.

Johannes John
01-28-2002, 05:06 AM
Hello Tom,

my concerns are resolved in that way, that the newsgroups are set to readonly and therefor going to be finished.

The only problem is now, that the newsgroup data was announced to be moved, but isn't yet.

We will see...

Johannes

KellyF
01-29-2002, 08:55 AM
Johannes John,

Which newsgroups were you anticipating being brought over? I had a list of newsgroups which were to be imported, and I imported them a few weekends back.

Kelly

Johannes John
01-29-2002, 09:28 AM
Hello Kelly,

thanks. Yes, I'm anticipating the ISWI.general and the ISWI.customactions newsgroups. Perhaps they are brought over allready but I have not found them yet.
( The ISWI.international I think is not necessary. )

An additional forum could be, but it's only my suggestion, because I'm having problems with this at the moment, a WI-patch forum. WI, because of all Windows Installer versions have similar problems, from ISWI 1.5 over IPWI 2.0 up to ISD 7.
As I said, I have a patch problem at the moment...

Regards,
Johannes

P.S. John is my family name.

KellyF
01-29-2002, 09:51 AM
Johannes,

Sorry about the name thing, I just call everyone by their username when posting. :)

As for the newsgroup imports, I'll send a note to those who decide what is imported. If OK'd, the import will definitely not happen today, but I'll see how soon I could work it into my schedule.

Kelly