PDA

View Full Version : Ctrl+F

Freediver
12-19-2001, 06:21 PM
I am new to IS v6.3, so I have two basic questions about the Find utility:

Is there a key which allows jumping from one instance of a found item to the next? "Mark All" button helps somewhat but, then, how do I remove all those marks when I start another search?

M Wfeld
12-20-2001, 04:34 PM
(My first time posting to this.)

Double click on a word then Right click on it and select find. Then from that point on an F3 finds next forward and Shift-F3 finds backward. I like this and wish my other IDEs had the same.

I hope this is what you were asking, if not, sorry.

Drew_H
02-20-2002, 10:17 AM
I too am a new user so this is probably a simple question for most of you.. I need to do consecutive searches and I use the 'Mark All' option BUT I can't find how to reset the lines marked between searches.

Each time I do a search with 'Mark All' it adds to the lines flagged as opposed to what I want/expect which is to flag only the new lines containing the found text... The only way I found to reset the workspace was to close the project and I was hoping there was a better solution.

Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

Drew H

:confused:

davestiff
02-20-2002, 11:34 AM
From the online help:
=============================
There are two ways to clear bookmarks:

To clear a bookmark at a specific line, place the caret in that line and then press the keyboard shortcut for the BookmarkToggle command. (By default, the shortcut is Ctrl + F2.). Note that if the line is not marked, this command will set a bookmark at that line.

To clear all bookmarks in the active script editor window, press the shortcut for BookmarkClearAll. (By default, no shortcut is assigned to this command; for instructions on assigning a shortcut, click here.)
=================================
Follow the steps below to change the keyboard shortcuts assigned to editing commands:

Right-click in the script editor window.

From the popup menu, select Properties. The Window Properties dialog box opens.

In the Window Properties dialog box, click the Keyboard tab.

From the Command list box, select the command for which you want to create a keyboard shortcut. Note that the current keyboard shortcuts (if any) for the selected command are displayed in the Key Assignments list box.

Click in the New Key Assignment edit box. Then press the key combination you want to assign as a shortcut to the selected command. Note that if your shortcut is already assigned to a command, InstallShield will display a message beneath the New Key Assignment edit box to inform you of the conflict.

Click the Assign button. Note that this button does not activate until you have pressed a new shortcut key combination. If the keyboard shortcut you entered is already assigned to a command, the shortcut is added to the list of shortcuts for the selected command and removed from the list of shortcuts for the command to which that shortcut was previously assigned.

Repeat steps 4 through 6 to create other keyboard shortcuts.

When you are finished creating new shortcuts, click the OK button to accept the changes and close the Window Properties dialog box.

Drew_H
02-20-2002, 11:40 AM
I too am a new user so this is probably a simple question for most of you.. I need to do consecutive searches and I use the 'Mark All' option BUT I can't find how to reset the lines marked between searches.

Each time I do a search with 'Mark All' it adds to the lines flagged as opposed to what I want/expect which is to flag only the new lines containing the found text... The only way I found to reset the workspace was to close the project and I was hoping there was a better solution.

Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

Drew H

:confused: