PDA

View Full Version : Mouse "sticking" over selection buttons

KimHenriksson
12-18-2001, 12:12 PM
I have an issue with DemoShield 6.5 (with 6.54 patch) on W2K machines where the mouse going over the buttons causes the mouse to "stick" slightly, as if it were hitting a patch of glue when touching the buttons.

It is not on every machine, but all machines that have shown the behavior have been W2K.

I've applied the patch. The buttons aren't anything fancy, just options provided from within Demoshield with one mode for "unpressed" and one for "pressed". There is text on the button describing it's function (i.e., "Register Now", "Product Info", etc.)

I'm not sure what else to try.
Any advice?

KimberlyH
12-18-2001, 02:30 PM
I believe this problem exists from creating full screen demo with a graphic as the background. For instance, if you are creating a full screen demo and are using a graphic within the Scene Properties for your demo, it will create a delay in the Mouse On/Off actions for your buttons.

To eliminate this occurance it is best to either remove the graphic being used within the scene properties and set the background to a solid color, or create your demo as a Windowed demo. You can convert your demo to a Windowed demo by going into the Demo Properties and selecting Windowed Playback Style under the Styles tab.

I hope this helps.