PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Custom Install

Victor Leach
12-17-2001, 09:37 PM
I have been plaing with Demo Express 3.51 install shield to see if it will do my job. I wanted to create an install disk for my application. The application requires the installation of a runtime data base engine and the copying of files

Hence there are 2 steps in my install which I would like to limit to one.

STEP 1.
I have to install the Runtime data base install supplied buy
data base manufactuers and hence install the runtime data base engine. This CD install has a setup.exe file. I can copy these files from CD to a directory and install the runtime engine from this directory. I thought I could carry out this step by running a custom action. It calls the setup.exe during the installshield but then says it cannot file the DLL in the same directory. It works fine from windows. I have an unlimited runtime licence so I can distribute the runtime version with my application.

STEP 2
It installs my applications files to a given directory and this works fine

I can place 2 icons on the desktop , one for the data base install and the application run files and this fine but I have a 2 step installation instead of one step.

KimberlyH
12-18-2001, 09:01 AM
This forum is monitored by DemoShield engineers and customers. To receive an answer for your question, I would recommend posting your query to the InstallShield Express - General forum.

All the best,