PDA

View Full Version : win CE object target directory problem

kiwicmc
12-17-2001, 09:17 PM
I'm installing an app onto a PPC 2002 device. It installs fine into the default directory \Program Files, when I try to install it onto a Storage Card (by selecting No when asked if I want to install it into the device default directory) it creates a subdirectory of Company Name ^ product name before creating my dir tree.

How can I stop this behaviour?, this does not occur when installing under \Program Files

Chris

srinath
08-05-2004, 12:42 PM
Hi,
I was wondering if yu have a solution for the object folder problem.. I found that on any of the devices, if there was not enough space in the main memory for the cab file, Active Sync would ask the user during install where he would like to install it giving the option of Main Memory and Storage card (if there was one).
If i selected the storage card it would install it in a different folder than that specified as the destination folder.. the name would change to:
Company name (blank) Product Name

Thanks
srinath

kiwicmc
08-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Wow, was it really three years ago? No solution found. We ended up just accepting it. I think the same behaviour occurs on InstallShield DevStudio and Windows Mobile 2003 ...