PDA

View Full Version : Self-registering files after reboot

DanChar
12-13-2001, 09:28 AM
I'm using IS 6.31 and am running into a bit of a problem. My installation requires certain system DLL's to be up-reved/replaced.

Some of these DLL's are locked. I have marked them as potentially locked and shared. My application has several DLL's that are marked as self registering and are dependent on the system DLL's that will only be in place once the system re-boots.

At the end of the installation, IS indicates a re-boot is necessary. Upon re-boot all the files are in place, but my application DLL's have not been registered.

If I were able to get a list of "failed to self-register" file, I could set the appropriate RunOnce registry key, but I can't figure out how to get a list in Event driven mode (I only found an example where ERRORFILENAME gets set in Batch mode)

Anyone out there know how to get me past this?

miro_novotny
12-17-2001, 11:43 AM
Hi,

At the end of setup RebootDialog appears choose ption "Reboot later". Then IS creates file "reboot.ini" in the following folder : <program files>/InstallShield Installation Information/<prog guid>. Reboot.ini contains files to be registered after reboot.

Miro