PDA

View Full Version : how to minimize DemoShield window

draganz
12-12-2001, 04:50 PM
DemoShield takes over the whole screen, paints it in black, covers task bar. That is fine as long as it is the only application running. When it launches InstallShield it creates new process. While user goes through InstallShield dialogs the black background from DemoShied is visible. If user clicks on the black background DemoShield becomes foreground application, while InstallShield goes to background. Many users don't know how to get back to InstallShield (alt/tab).

I would like to be able to minimize DemoShield by making C++ Windows function call from InstallShield. I created a dll, loaded from InstallShield and from the dll called
::ShowWindow(SW_FORCEMINIMIZE)
It had strange effect on DemoShield, the front part was minimized, but the black background was still there, covering the whole screen.

How to minimize DemoShield from outside so that it only occupies a spot on task bar, but leaves free the rest of the screen?

KimberlyH
12-12-2001, 05:07 PM
There are a couple of options you can try. If the fullscreen background window is remaining when you call to minimize the demo outside of DemoShield, you may want to consider removing the background. You can do this by selecting the Demo menu | Properties and navigating to the Styles tab. From here, unselect the Full Screen Background Window.

Another option is to minimize the demo from within DemoShield. You can minimize your DemoShield demo by creating a Send Windows Message action within the button that launches the InstallShield application. To do this assign a Send Windows Message after the Launch Application action with the following settings:

Scene Name: Scene you are working on
Application Object: leave blank
Message ID: 274
wParam: 61472
lParam: 0

I hope this helps.

mdeitch
01-13-2002, 05:45 PM
Where is it possible to get a comprehensive list of "Send Windows Commands" including Message ID, wParam and iParam descriptions.
Yours
Martin

KimberlyH
01-14-2002, 11:17 AM
The list of parameters for the Send Windows Message action is quite large and dependant on what type of action you are looking to perform. I would recommend performing a search on Microsoft's Developer Network to find information pertaining to a specific send windows message. You can find the Microsoft Developer Network from the following URL http://msdn.microsoft.com/

All the best,