PDA

View Full Version : Packagefortheweb and signature

Gardere
12-11-2001, 08:46 AM
Hello

I'm using packagefortheweb 4 and have just get my signature from verisign. When i sign my installations using packagefortheweb and the keys, everything go well (connection to the web, ask for password...).
BUT, when i launch the exe generated, i don't have the warning screen with the authentification of my society.
The install run as if there were no signature.
I have Internet Explorer 4 and security to medium or high. But it does not change anything.Please help !

Jean-Marc Gardere
infos@cdromstudio.com

JacobLevin
12-11-2001, 08:58 AM
If you go to your internet options for IE and go to the Content tab.

There should be a button under the "Certificates" section labeled "Publishers". Click on this button and if your company is listed in the dialog that comes up that means that at some point you chose to trust anything that comes from your company.

This would mean that IE won't ask you to accept it since the certificate comes from a "Trusted publisher".

This dialog will allow you to remove your company from the list of trusted publishers so you can then see the certificate when you try to download your package.

Gardere
12-11-2001, 09:37 AM
Hello Jacob

Thanks a lot for your quick answer but... i have no trusted publishers listed ! That's what i have done :
- create install project with InstallShield Pro 5.1
- Import this project in Packagefortheweb 4 and generate with :
- check "launch executable" with "disk1\setup.exe" "/SMS" "Normal"
- check "sign my pavkage" with url and the two keys mycert.spc and mykey.pvk (do they have to be store in a specific place ?)
- then it asked for the password and create successfully the exe.

When i lauch the exe, i have no warning screen with my company informations. When i put this file on my web site and try to download it, no warning screen. IE 4, Medium or High, No trusted publishers.

Do i need to use Internet explorer sdk ? To do what ?
Do you have any experience of no warning screen with packagefortheweb4 ?

Jean-Marc
infos@cdromstudio.com