PDA

View Full Version : Error #112



NewsArchive
08-16-1996, 12:00 AM
During installation, error #112 is encountered. Does anyone have
experience with countermeasuring this?

NewsArchive
09-17-1996, 12:00 AM
> Doug Thompson <whodat@mail.nitco.com> wrote in article
<321408DA.317@mail.nitco.com>...
> During installation, error #112 is encountered. Does anyone have
> experience with countermeasuring this?
> //
>>Doug,
Does this error occur during the installing of the Express product
or
your created installation? On what platform are you installing on?

InstallShield Technical Support
Stephen

NewsArchive
04-18-1997, 12:00 AM
InstallShield Corp. wrote:
>
> Hello,
> Make sure that you are running a normal installation of windows and you do
> not have any special configurations.
> Regards. Max.
> InstallShield Tech Support
>
> Kristiann Ivicic <ivicick@gte.net> wrote in article
> <33553186.1385@gte.net>...
> > Installing a small general application created with InstallShield
> > Express Professional 1.1 generates a 105 error on a Windows NT 4.0
> > workstation. The error only happens on this particular workstation, it
> > does not occur on other NT 4.0 workstations. It happens when the status
> > bar reaches 47% and then NT complains about the 16 bit subsystem.
> >
> > The direction that I am taking on this is that there is a problem with a
> > dll or corrupt system file on NT.
> >
> > Any direction or ideas would be appreciated.
> >
> > Kris Ivicic
> > Arthur Andersen
> >


What is a normal installation of Windows ? Do you mean a MS CD and not
a OEM vesion of NT?

Any idea on how to fix this problem?

NewsArchive
12-04-1997, 01:00 AM
On Wed, 03 Dec 1997 20:49:11 GMT, owner@ellipse-data.com (Stefan
Paetow) wrote:

>You might try and scandisk your drive, then run defrag on it to move enough
>space together.
>
>You see, although it says that you do have enough space, you don't, because
>if the intrinsic problems with FAT allocation. Once you defragment, you
>should have enough space available for the installation PLUS an additional
>amount in which InstallShield can uncompress its files.

I run NDD and SpeedDisk on a weekly basis, so I guess that my disk is
okay. The problem doesn't lie in a shortage of diskspace either,
'cause I have about 300 MB of free space.

The error occurred during initialization of the Wizard. It went to 58%
and halted with an error 112.

Thanks anyway...

NewsArchive
12-06-1997, 01:00 AM
On Thu, 04 Dec 1997 14:47:18 GMT, F.Staal@Getronics.nl (Frank Staal) wrote:
>I run NDD and SpeedDisk on a weekly basis, so I guess that my disk is
>okay. The problem doesn't lie in a shortage of diskspace either,
>'cause I have about 300 MB of free space.

What is your cluster size?

>The error occurred during initialization of the Wizard. It went to 58%
>and halted with an error 112.

Then there is certainly something wrong. I can just recommand that you
create a C:\TEMP and set your TEMP variable to it using your autoexec.bat.

Stefan
ellipse data systems

NewsArchive
12-08-1997, 01:00 AM
On Sat, 06 Dec 1997 16:55:43 GMT, owner@ellipse-data.com (Stefan
Paetow) wrote:

>What is your cluster size?
NDD reports it as being 16384 bytes per cluster.

>Then there is certainly something wrong. I can just recommand that you
>create a C:\TEMP and set your TEMP variable to it using your autoexec.bat.
It is already there. Novell redirects it to a directoyr on the
network, but I 'rem'med it. So my temp is c:\temp.

by the way, in two days my vacation is starting, so you won't hear
from me for three weeks. Then the quest will continue...

happy new year and merry christmas in advance.
>
>Stefan
>ellipse data systems

NewsArchive
12-08-1997, 01:00 AM
On Mon, 08 Dec 1997 08:12:19 GMT, F.Staal@Getronics.nl (Frank Staal) wrote:
>>Then there is certainly something wrong. I can just recommand that you
>>create a C:\TEMP and set your TEMP variable to it using your autoexec.bat.
>It is already there. Novell redirects it to a directoyr on the
>network, but I 'rem'med it. So my temp is c:\temp.

Ok... are you installing to a folder on the network? or FROM the network?

You see, Novell does the directory stuff differently... and screws up. But
if that is not the case, let me know.

Stefan
ellipse data systems

NewsArchive
12-09-1997, 01:00 AM
On Mon, 08 Dec 1997 22:40:28 GMT, owner@ellipse-data.com (Stefan
Paetow) wrote:

>Ok... are you installing to a folder on the network? or FROM the network?

I'm installing from a local cd-rom drive to a local folder on my
computer. I'm only connected to the network for mail, etc. Delphi is
not going to be installed on the server.

>You see, Novell does the directory stuff differently... and screws up. But
>if that is not the case, let me know.

I don't know what you mean, in other words what does Novell do
differently? All I can see is that when I issue 'set' in a DOS-box
after logging in that temp=c:\temp as is tmp.

>
>Stefan
>ellipse data systems

NewsArchive
12-10-1997, 01:00 AM
On Tue, 09 Dec 1997 08:14:17 GMT, F.Staal@Getronics.nl (Frank Staal) wrote:
>I don't know what you mean, in other words what does Novell do
>differently? All I can see is that when I issue 'set' in a DOS-box
>after logging in that temp=c:\temp as is tmp.

Novell handles long filenames differently. But since you don't install to
the network I don't see why that is a problem.

Stefan
ellipse data systems

NewsArchive
01-13-1998, 01:00 AM
owner@ellipse-data.com (Stefan Paetow) wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Jan 1998 03:30:18 GMT, myoung@penetics.com (Michael Young)
>wrote:
>>The ISX version number I am running is 2.0.0.129, and the OS is NT4.0
>>with SP3.
>
>Michael - You are a customer and are allowed to download the ISX 2.01
>maintenance release. Is that what you are running? You might consider
>downloading it if you haven't and retrying your build.
>

I tried to download it but their web server complains about my serial
number being incorrect! I entered it exactly as it appears on my
product box (and reg. card) so there must be a problem with their web
server. Meanwhile I've sent e-mail to their tech. support group.

Thanks again for your help.
Michael
--
Michael Young * pen!etics development inc. * Courtenay, B.C.
Append 'm' to return address to reply via e-mail.

NewsArchive
01-14-1998, 01:00 AM
On Tue, 13 Jan 1998 19:50:21 GMT, myoung@penetics.com (Michael Young)
wrote:
>I tried to download it but their web server complains about my serial
>number being incorrect! I entered it exactly as it appears on my

Hmmm... have you tried registering your product (version 2.0) through their
website first? They cannot allow you to pass unless your Version 2.0 has
been entered in their registration database.

>product box (and reg. card) so there must be a problem with their web
>server. Meanwhile I've sent e-mail to their tech. support group.

Ok. They are competent and can help you better :)

Stefan
ellipse data systems

NewsArchive
06-18-1998, 12:00 AM
Stephanie Schmitt wrote in message <345F8406.DA66BE91@heacg.com>...
>I have just run into the same error. Any one have any ideas?
>
>Stephanie Schmitt
>
>Greg Wright wrote:
>>
>> We have several users that are receiving an error 105 when trying to
>> install our software. The error occurs after the Installation setup
wizard
>> completes, and just prior to the launch of the setup. The complete
message
>> that is received is as follows:
>>
>> Error 105. Unable to find installation languages in setup.lid
>>
>> The error is fatal, not allowing the user to continue setup.
>>
>> The IS help says that this error only occurs rarely, but doesn't provide
>> any info other than to make sure that the version of windows that is
being
>> installed to is a standard installation. Is there any more information
on
>> this error, or a solution?
>>
>> We built the setup with IS5, build 221. This error didn't appear during
>> testing.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Greg Wright
>> Gwright@delorme.com



I have just killed 2 hours with this problem.

The installation media\disk1 directory is built without a SETUP.LID and
other issues.

I could copy a SETUP.LID from C:\Program Files\InstallShield\.... in the
installation directory, but then
I get an error about not finding the _setup.dll and/or _isres.dll. The issue
seems that the _isres.dll is not stored in the _sys1.cab.

I was able to, also, copy the _isres.dll in to the installation directory
source and it seems to go even farther. The problem now seems to be that the
string table is missing pieces or is corrupt.

I noticed that the media build reports a "diff build" no matter what type of
build I select.

This is a nightmare. What the hell is happening!

-David Hartmann
The Walt Disney Co.

NewsArchive
06-18-1998, 12:00 AM
David Hartmann wrote in message <3589d0ce.0@news.installshield.com>...
>Stephanie Schmitt wrote in message <345F8406.DA66BE91@heacg.com>...
>>I have just run into the same error. Any one have any ideas?
>>
>>Stephanie Schmitt
>>
>>Greg Wright wrote:
>>>
>>> We have several users that are receiving an error 105 when trying to
>>> install our software. The error occurs after the Installation setup
>wizard
>>> completes, and just prior to the launch of the setup. The complete
>message
>>> that is received is as follows:
>>>
>>> Error 105. Unable to find installation languages in setup.lid
>>>
>>> The error is fatal, not allowing the user to continue setup.
>>>
>>> The IS help says that this error only occurs rarely, but doesn't provide
>>> any info other than to make sure that the version of windows that is
>being
>>> installed to is a standard installation. Is there any more information
>on
>>> this error, or a solution?
>>>
>>> We built the setup with IS5, build 221. This error didn't appear during
>>> testing.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Greg Wright
>>> Gwright@delorme.com
>
>
>
>I have just killed 2 hours with this problem.
>
>The installation media\disk1 directory is built without a SETUP.LID and
>other issues.
>
>I could copy a SETUP.LID from C:\Program Files\InstallShield\.... in the
>installation directory, but then
>I get an error about not finding the _setup.dll and/or _isres.dll. The
issue
>seems that the _isres.dll is not stored in the _sys1.cab.
>
>I was able to, also, copy the _isres.dll in to the installation directory
>source and it seems to go even farther. The problem now seems to be that
the
>string table is missing pieces or is corrupt.
>
>I noticed that the media build reports a "diff build" no matter what type
of
>build I select.
>
>This is a nightmare. What the hell is happening!
>
>-David Hartmann
>The Walt Disney Co.
>
>
>

See below- DH

Barry Nelson wrote in message <353e1358.0@news.installshield.com>...
>Simply build a new media. The problem is that the media build file for the
>default media is incomplete. This is an error that is being corrected for
>the next release.
>
>David Taylor wrote in message <352173fc.0@localhost>...
>>Please help. This is the first time I am using the VB Wizard, and once I
>>compile and build the media, when I run the setup, this is the error that
I
>>get. There is no setup.lid file in the media directory, that is probably
>>why the setup is erroring out, but my question is why isn't it there. I
>>looked in some of my old setups that I had used with version 5, and they
>had
>>setup.lid files. Any idea why my install that the VB Wizard created,
>>doesn't have a setup.lid file. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>David Taylor
>>dtaylor@itmassoc.com
>>
>>
>
>


Please add this to your KB on the web. I searched using "SETUP.LID", "105",
"_SYS1.CAB", etc. and got nothing on this issue. You wasted my time again!

-David Hartmann
The Walt Disney Co.

NewsArchive
09-08-1998, 12:00 AM
Stefan Krüger wrote:
>
> Hallo Thomas,
>
> does the directory C:\Temp exist?

Yes. The directory exist.
IS also create it's own subdir in C:\Temp.


>
> Gruß
>
> Stefan Krueger
>
> The reply-to address in the message header is invalid.
> If you want to contact me directly, please mail to:
> skrueger@usa.net
>
> *** InstallSite - Free resources for setup developers
> *** http://www.ibv-tools.de
>
> Thomas Deboben schrieb in Nachricht <35F43D51.469E@mch.sni.de>...
> >Hello,
> >
> >i have a problem running IS Setups on my NT Workstation 4.0 SP3.
> >
> >Often when i call a Setup i get the following Error:
> >
> >Setup is unable to find a hard disk location to store temporary files.
> >Make at least 891KB free disk space available and then running Setup
> >again.
> >Error 101.
> >
> >Most times the second call will run.
> >
> >The TEMP Environment is set to C:\temp.
> >I have 274MB free diskspace on drive C: and 474MB on drive D:.
> >So i think is't OK.
> >
> >Can anybody tell me why Setup sometimes break with Error 101?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Thomas

NewsArchive
09-14-1998, 12:00 AM
On Fri, 11 Sep 1998 22:14:29 +0200, "Stefan Krüger" <@> wrote:

> Hi,
> if she is running some anti-virus software: Tell her to shut it down before
> running setup.
> If she is not using anti-virus software: Tell her to get one (must be the
> latest version) and check for CIH virus.
>
> Stefan Krueger

Stefan,

To let you know, your suggestion above corrected Hank Vare's customer
problem. The customer had Microsoft AntiVirus running causing the
InstallShield 101 error.

NewsArchive
10-28-1998, 01:00 AM
On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 15:52:24 -0500, "Ray Donnelly"
<Ray.Donnelly@CallCTI.com> wrote:
>Just some more information for you, this error occurs during a full build.
>I just cannot seem to find any information about what it is. I've gone
>through every avaiable error code in the help, but don't see anything yet.

Where in your script does it happen? Error -126 can be found under
"ComponentError".

Stefan Paetow
InstallShield Software Corp.

NewsArchive
10-29-1998, 01:00 AM
Actually, when the error occurs, it does not reference as error -126, just
error 126. That is what I am having trouble finding.

-Ray


InstallShield Software Corporation wrote in message
<3637a573.114450751@news.installshield.com>...
>On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 15:52:24 -0500, "Ray Donnelly"
><Ray.Donnelly@CallCTI.com> wrote:
>>Just some more information for you, this error occurs during a full build.
>>I just cannot seem to find any information about what it is. I've gone
>>through every avaiable error code in the help, but don't see anything yet.
>
>Where in your script does it happen? Error -126 can be found under
>"ComponentError".
>
>Stefan Paetow
>InstallShield Software Corp.

NewsArchive
10-29-1998, 01:00 AM
The error occurs during the build. How can I determine where it is occuring
in the script? This is the information that I have so far:

During the build, it's going through the components when it hits the
following:

Component: system32 - general
File Group: system32 - general files

STDOLE2.TLB

This is the file that it appears to be trying to add when I receive the
error, then I get an error window pop-up, which contains the following
information:

Error: 126
Category: CAB Engine

Summary: Item can't be added to Collection: 'Data Junction 6'. Item
with this name already exists in collection.

I've gone through all the existing components, and can't find anywhere in it
where that file exists twice. The above component is the only instance that
I can find.

Any information will be appreciated.

Ray Donnelly
CallCenter Technology, Inc.
Ray.Donnelly@CallCTI.com

-----Original Message-----
From: InstallShield Software Corporation <stefan@installshield.co.za>
Newsgroups: installshield.is5.general
October 28, 1998 6:24 PM
Re: error 126


>On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 15:52:24 -0500, "Ray Donnelly"
><Ray.Donnelly@CallCTI.com> wrote:
>>Just some more information for you, this error occurs during a full build.
>>I just cannot seem to find any information about what it is. I've gone
>>through every avaiable error code in the help, but don't see anything yet.
>
>Where in your script does it happen? Error -126 can be found under
>"ComponentError".
>
>Stefan Paetow
>InstallShield Software Corp.

NewsArchive
10-29-1998, 01:00 AM
On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:54:53 -0500, "Install Shield News Group"
<rdonnelly@mindspring.com> wrote:
>The error occurs during the build. How can I determine where it is occuring
>in the script? This is the information that I have so far:
>
>During the build, it's going through the components when it hits the
>following:

I see. Ok, I'll try and see what we can come up with.

In the meanwhile, check whether any components create a circular reference,
or whether any other filegroups contain a second copy. If that fails, email
me your project, WITHOUT the Media directory.

Stefan Paetow
InstallShield Software Corp.

NewsArchive
11-17-1998, 01:00 AM
Is there a TEMP directory on your hard drive?

Doesn't sound like that is your problem, but that;s usually the problem when
I see error 105.

t

InstallShield Software Corporation wrote in message
<3651b743.24335092@news.installshield.com>...
>On Mon, 16 Nov 1998 17:46:02 -0600, "Jim Lynch" <jlynch@unicongl.com>
>wrote:
>>My system is a laptop, Pentium II, Windows 95 4.00.095a, 48 meg ram, and
>>plenty of available disk. I am the only person in our company with this
>>problem.
>
>What make of laptop is it? What software do you run on it (mouse drivers
>etc)?
>
>Stefan Paetow
>InstallShield Software Corp.

NewsArchive
11-18-1998, 01:00 AM
The files involved are in the root directory of the CD. I'm using demoshield
to launch the installation, and the installation files have been cut/pasted
into the CD image directory. The program we're using to create the master CD
is called something like 'Easy CD Creator Deluxe.'
Is it most likely this is a machine specific problem? I've had another
problem that I'm fairly certain is specific to my machine. (Programs written
in Delphi 1 fail to run, reporting unfound resources after I try the
installshield installation)
Anyway, thanks for the help,
Peter Kahle

InstallShield Software Corporation wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Nov 1998 10:42:35 -0600, Peter Kahle <pkahle@diamonddata.com>
> wrote:
> >Setup is unable to load the installation script file.
> > Error 423.
>
> Interesting. How did you copy those files? Where on the CD are your files
> located? Make sure that if the setup is in a subdirectory, that the
> subdirectory is in 8.3-style format to be compatible with older CD-ROM
> drivers.
>
> Stefan Paetow
> InstallShield Software Corp.

NewsArchive
11-18-1998, 01:00 AM
The install works fine before using PFTW. Languages defines are French,
Spanish, Italian, German, and English. If I default the build to English
only, it works fine. Once I enable the language dialog, it doesn't seem to
work.

Thanks,
Tom


Stefan Krüger <@> wrote in message <365200e2.0@news.installshield.com>...
>Does your setup run when it is not started from within PFTW? 141 means that
>you didn't call ComponetValidate properly. Is any of your components
>passwaord protected?
>
>Stefan Krueger
>
>// InstallSite - Resources for setup developers
>// http://www.ibv-tools.de (primary site - Germany)
>// http://installsite.hypermart.net (mirror site - USA)
>// http://installsite.sw.com.sg (mirror site - Singapore)
>
>The reply-to address in the message header is invalid.
>If you want to contact me directly, please mail to:
>skrueger@usa.net
>
>
>Tom Munsell schrieb in Nachricht <3651f246.0@news.installshield.com>...
>>I am making a 2.02 PFTW .exe file from an IS 5.1 International West setup
>on
>>WinNT 4.0. It get close to being finished and stops with fatal error 141.
>>What is going on?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Tom Munsell
>>
>>
>
>
>
>

NewsArchive
11-20-1998, 01:00 AM
I'm not exactly sure what would cause this, but one thing to do is make sure
you have selected the "Restore the installation's folder structure" checkbox
in the second "Installation Options" panel of the PFTW wizard. Missing this
is a common error in packaging multi-language setups, which need to keep
their folder structure intact to run properly.

--
Rob
InstallShield Software Corp.


Tom Munsell wrote in message <36538c8c.0@news.installshield.com>...
>The install works fine before using PFTW. Languages defines are French,
>Spanish, Italian, German, and English. If I default the build to English
>only, it works fine. Once I enable the language dialog, it doesn't seem to
>work.
>
>Thanks,
>Tom

NewsArchive
12-28-1998, 01:00 AM
In article <3686b515.101338146@news.installshield.com>,
stefan@installshield.co.za says...
> On Sat, 26 Dec 1998 07:39:28 -0200, maccani@addressexplorer.com (MACCANI)
> wrote:
> >can someone tell me the possible motivations (The installation work fine
> >on my system).
>
> From where is his installation being run? A CD? The harddrive?
>
> Stefan Paetow
> InstallShield Software Corp.
>
The hard drive (in fact a self extracting exe)

NewsArchive
12-29-1998, 01:00 AM
On Mon, 28 Dec 1998 22:06:46 -0200, maccani@addressexplorer.com (MACCANI)
wrote:
>The hard drive (in fact a self extracting exe)

I see. And is this selfextracting exe made by EXEBuilder? If so, please
check that setup.exe is called with the /SMS flag, otherwise Exebuilder
will delete the setup files once setup.exe quits.

Stefan Paetow
InstallShield Software Corp.

NewsArchive
01-07-1999, 01:00 AM
Has anyone figured this error out? I'm running into the same problem
and I don't know how to determine what is duplicative...

I'm running an IS5.5 project built with IAR...
MDJ

I don't really know how to check for circular references... and I only
have one filegroup...


InstallShield Software Corporation wrote:
>
> On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:54:53 -0500, "Install Shield News Group"
> <rdonnelly@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >The error occurs during the build. How can I determine where it is occuring
> >in the script? This is the information that I have so far:
> >
> >During the build, it's going through the components when it hits the
> >following:
>
> I see. Ok, I'll try and see what we can come up with.
>
> In the meanwhile, check whether any components create a circular reference,
> or whether any other filegroups contain a second copy. If that fails, email
> me your project, WITHOUT the Media directory.
>
> Stefan Paetow
> InstallShield Software Corp.

--
Morgan D. Jones "Rocks have eyes and they are mean...
Objectverse Tech, Inc. They aim for skin, hoping to tear pieces
off to keep with them on the ground." -
anon
703/204-2624 "Life is not for the faint hearted" - RN

NewsArchive
01-08-1999, 01:00 AM
On Thu, 07 Jan 1999 22:45:08 -0500, Morgan Jones <mjones@pobox.com> wrote:
>Has anyone figured this error out? I'm running into the same problem
>and I don't know how to determine what is duplicative...

Is this an error about a file arleady being in the collection?

If so, check your .FGL files manually. Check for duplicates of the
following line:

FileX=filename (where X is a number, e.g. File6=filename)

If there is a duplicate entry for FileX, shift the numbers one down to
ensure that there is no duplicate.

That is how Ray and me solved it the last time.

Stefan Paetow
InstallShield Software Corp.

NewsArchive
01-08-1999, 01:00 AM
Hmmm... I checked all of my .fgl files and I didn't find any duplicate
lines within any single file...

I'm currently checking for duplicates between .fgl files... could that
be the problem?

This is the error that happens during a build that says it can't add a
file because an item by that name already exists...

The error dialog doesn't say which file... (which it should) I'm going
by what the last file is in the build window...

I'll keep checking and let you know...
MDJ

InstallShield Software Corporation wrote:
>
> On Thu, 07 Jan 1999 22:45:08 -0500, Morgan Jones <mjones@pobox.com> wrote:
> >Has anyone figured this error out? I'm running into the same problem
> >and I don't know how to determine what is duplicative...
>
> Is this an error about a file arleady being in the collection?
>
> If so, check your .FGL files manually. Check for duplicates of the
> following line:
>
> FileX=filename (where X is a number, e.g. File6=filename)
>
> If there is a duplicate entry for FileX, shift the numbers one down to
> ensure that there is no duplicate.
>
> That is how Ray and me solved it the last time.
>
> Stefan Paetow
> InstallShield Software Corp.

--
Morgan D. Jones "Rocks have eyes and they are mean...
Objectverse Tech, Inc. They aim for skin, hoping to tear pieces
off to keep with them on the ground." -
anon
703/204-2624 "Life is not for the faint hearted" - RN

NewsArchive
01-13-1999, 01:00 AM
Morgan,

As it turns out, when I used the IAR, the error 126 was coming from several
places. The first came from the description that Stefan gave you about
there being a duplicate number in the .FGL file. But other times I received
this error because the IAR created 2 shortcuts to the same executable in the
Resources pane. Check that out. This error does not necessarily mean that
you have a duplicate file...it could mean a duplicate shortcut or something
along those lines. It took me about a month to get it all ironed out. Good
luck...let me know if this information has helped you out at all.

Ray Donnelly
CallCenter Technology, Inc.
Ray.Donnelly@CallCTI.com


Morgan Jones wrote in message <36963ACF.E5624F5C@pobox.com>...
>Hmmm... I checked all of my .fgl files and I didn't find any duplicate
>lines within any single file...
>
>I'm currently checking for duplicates between .fgl files... could that
>be the problem?
>
>This is the error that happens during a build that says it can't add a
>file because an item by that name already exists...
>
>The error dialog doesn't say which file... (which it should) I'm going
>by what the last file is in the build window...
>
>I'll keep checking and let you know...
>MDJ
>
>InstallShield Software Corporation wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 07 Jan 1999 22:45:08 -0500, Morgan Jones <mjones@pobox.com>
wrote:
>> >Has anyone figured this error out? I'm running into the same problem
>> >and I don't know how to determine what is duplicative...
>>
>> Is this an error about a file arleady being in the collection?
>>
>> If so, check your .FGL files manually. Check for duplicates of the
>> following line:
>>
>> FileX=filename (where X is a number, e.g. File6=filename)
>>
>> If there is a duplicate entry for FileX, shift the numbers one down to
>> ensure that there is no duplicate.
>>
>> That is how Ray and me solved it the last time.
>>
>> Stefan Paetow
>> InstallShield Software Corp.
>
>--
>Morgan D. Jones "Rocks have eyes and they are mean...
>Objectverse Tech, Inc. They aim for skin, hoping to tear pieces
> off to keep with them on the ground." -
>anon
>703/204-2624 "Life is not for the faint hearted" - RN

NewsArchive
01-14-1999, 01:00 AM
I had the same problem, in this structure:

Program Files
|
+Includes <- with no files
|
++ Reports
| |
| + files
++ BitMaps
|
+ files

When I execute the installer, the error -42 occurs.

To resolve it, I removed the Includes group and as the destination
directory of the groups Reports and BitMaps I wrote their complete
structure (i.e. [Program Files]\Includes\Reports and [Program
Files]\Includes\BitMaps )

So, this problem always occurs when I specify a group without files.
When I really need to create a directory without files (i.e., when I
create a TEMP directory to put temporary files created at execution time
of the aplication), it must be the last group created in the structure.

Thanks,

And let the brazilians show their samba!!!

InstallShield Software Corporation wrote:
>
> On Mon, 04 Jan 1999 18:41:18 -0700, Ron Jackson <ronjack@advmicroinc.com>
> wrote:
> >This will be created any time a group is created with no files in it
> >other than the standard ISX components. I tested dragging a folder containing
> >subfolders and files into the install, and until I got rid of the intermediate folders
> >and any reference to them, I received this error.
>
> Hello Ron, this is something that has been noticed by someone else and it
> is being addressed.
>
> Stefan Paetow
> InstallShield Software Corp.

NewsArchive
01-14-1999, 01:00 AM
On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 12:26:31 -0300, Tiago Ferraz de Arruda e Aguirre
<tfaa@sfw.com.br> wrote:
>So, this problem always occurs when I specify a group without files.
>When I really need to create a directory without files (i.e., when I
>create a TEMP directory to put temporary files created at execution time

We have submitted this as a bug.

Stefan Paetow
InstallShield Software Corp.

NewsArchive
01-14-1999, 01:00 AM
Hi,

The same problem can be solved by moving the empty groups to the bottom
of the list. I've just tried it now and the error doesn't occurs, then I
can use my structure without tricks.

InstallShield Software Corporation wrote:
>
> On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 12:26:31 -0300, Tiago Ferraz de Arruda e Aguirre
> <tfaa@sfw.com.br> wrote:
> >So, this problem always occurs when I specify a group without files.
> >When I really need to create a directory without files (i.e., when I
> >create a TEMP directory to put temporary files created at execution time
>
> We have submitted this as a bug.
>
> Stefan Paetow
> InstallShield Software Corp.

NewsArchive
01-29-1999, 01:00 AM
Hi,

for debugging you could copy the cd to the hard drive and run setup from
there. If this works it is probably a problem with the cd drive or driver.

Stefan Krueger
Independent Setup Consultant

// InstallSite - Resources for setup developers
// http://www.installsite.org (primary site - USA)
// http://installsite.sw.com.sg (mirror site - Singapore)

My reply-to address is invalid to avoid spam.
If you are looking for individual assistance,
like e-mail support, please mail to
contract@installsite.org for support options.

InstallShield Software Corporation schrieb in Nachricht
<36b17438.55587190@news.installshield.com>...
>On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:59:31 +1100, Adviser Technical Services
><awb@nm.com.au> wrote:
>>I receive Error 112 - Setup is unable to decompress and copy all the
>>program files needed to proceed with the installation. Contact your
>>software vendor. We also get another message ISSET_SE CAUSED A GPF IN
>>MODULE UNKOWN AT 0000:00000220.
>
>Make sure the CDROM driver can read long filenames and directories if
>you use those. Also make sure that your user is not running any
>software, whether it is an antivirus program, an uninstaller or
>whatever.
>
>Stefan Paetow
>InstallShield Software Corporation

NewsArchive
02-01-1999, 01:00 AM
Hi,

We have also tried copying to the hard drive and this doesn't work either.

Maria La Porta

Stefan Krueger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for debugging you could copy the cd to the hard drive and run setup from
> there. If this works it is probably a problem with the cd drive or driver.
>
> Stefan Krueger
> Independent Setup Consultant
>
> // InstallSite - Resources for setup developers
> // http://www.installsite.org (primary site - USA)
> // http://installsite.sw.com.sg (mirror site - Singapore)
>
> My reply-to address is invalid to avoid spam.
> If you are looking for individual assistance,
> like e-mail support, please mail to
> contract@installsite.org for support options.
>
> InstallShield Software Corporation schrieb in Nachricht
> <36b17438.55587190@news.installshield.com>...
> >On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:59:31 +1100, Adviser Technical Services
> ><awb@nm.com.au> wrote:
> >>I receive Error 112 - Setup is unable to decompress and copy all the
> >>program files needed to proceed with the installation. Contact your
> >>software vendor. We also get another message ISSET_SE CAUSED A GPF IN
> >>MODULE UNKOWN AT 0000:00000220.
> >
> >Make sure the CDROM driver can read long filenames and directories if
> >you use those. Also make sure that your user is not running any
> >software, whether it is an antivirus program, an uninstaller or
> >whatever.
> >
> >Stefan Paetow
> >InstallShield Software Corporation

NewsArchive
02-01-1999, 01:00 AM
Hi,

We have also tried copying to the hard drive and this doesn't work either.

Maria La Porta

Stefan Krueger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for debugging you could copy the cd to the hard drive and run setup from
> there. If this works it is probably a problem with the cd drive or driver.
>
> Stefan Krueger
> Independent Setup Consultant
>
> // InstallSite - Resources for setup developers
> // http://www.installsite.org (primary site - USA)
> // http://installsite.sw.com.sg (mirror site - Singapore)
>
> My reply-to address is invalid to avoid spam.
> If you are looking for individual assistance,
> like e-mail support, please mail to
> contract@installsite.org for support options.
>
> InstallShield Software Corporation schrieb in Nachricht
> <36b17438.55587190@news.installshield.com>...
> >On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:59:31 +1100, Adviser Technical Services
> ><awb@nm.com.au> wrote:
> >>I receive Error 112 - Setup is unable to decompress and copy all the
> >>program files needed to proceed with the installation. Contact your
> >>software vendor. We also get another message ISSET_SE CAUSED A GPF IN
> >>MODULE UNKOWN AT 0000:00000220.
> >
> >Make sure the CDROM driver can read long filenames and directories if
> >you use those. Also make sure that your user is not running any
> >software, whether it is an antivirus program, an uninstaller or
> >whatever.
> >
> >Stefan Paetow
> >InstallShield Software Corporation

NewsArchive
02-23-1999, 01:00 AM
There is no trailing backslash at the top folder (Program Files).
But all the File Groups under it do, which is common for all of
my setups because it signifies the subdirectories. For example
[Program Files]\adv. As I said this is in all of my setups so I
don't see this as the problem.
I'm simply dragging and dropping files from explorer to the groups
area and with each program I try to package I get different
results. I find that I always have to do tricks with Installshield
to get it to work. This is the heart of the program. It should
have been tested thoroughly before release. Installshield
should be able to take any form of the directory structure, empty
directories, deeply entrenched subdirectories, but all I see is
it choking with everything I give it. I consider these problems
major for they completely prevent a package from being
completed. I do hope Installshield is considering fixing these
problems and issuing a free patch. Error -42, error 401. These
errors should never be.


>Please check that the filegroup destination field does not have a trailing
>backslash (a "\"), e.g. that it says "<WINSYSDIR>\"
>
>
>David wrote in message <36cf37b6.0@news.installshield.com>...
>>I have ran into the following error:
>>
>> String variable is not large enough for string
>> Check the string declaration
>> Error 401
>>
>>Can someone tell me the most probable causes
>>for this error?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>

NewsArchive
03-22-1999, 01:00 AM
Thanks. I assume if I use a CD all would be well? What is Temp Files
Tab? I don't recall seeing such a thing.

Best regards





InstallShield Software Corp. wrote:
>
> Robert,
>
> When you add files to the Temp files tab in the Disk builder these files
> will be compressed into
> _setup.lib and unextracted to the temp directory(SUPPORTDIR) during the
> installation. I suspect
> that this is happening because you are using a floppy media. The problem is
> that ISX will not split
> _setup.lib to span multiple floppies, and that there is not enough space on
> disk one to store the
> _setup.lib and the rest of the setup files.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Eric
> InstallShield Developer Support
>

NewsArchive
03-22-1999, 01:00 AM
Robert,

When you run the disk builder, there is a tab labeled Temp files. This
allows you to
use files such as DLLs during the installation. Afterwards they will be
deleted from
the temp directory. Do you have any files in there?

Thanks,

Eric
InstallShield Developer Support




Robert F. Tulloch wrote in message <36F68A28.6E83@ibm.net>...
>Thanks. I assume if I use a CD all would be well? What is Temp Files
>Tab? I don't recall seeing such a thing.
>
> Best regards
>
>
>
>
>
>InstallShield Software Corp. wrote:
>>
>> Robert,
>>
>> When you add files to the Temp files tab in the Disk builder these files
>> will be compressed into
>> _setup.lib and unextracted to the temp directory(SUPPORTDIR) during the
>> installation. I suspect
>> that this is happening because you are using a floppy media. The problem
is
>> that ISX will not split
>> _setup.lib to span multiple floppies, and that there is not enough space
on
>> disk one to store the
>> _setup.lib and the rest of the setup files.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Eric
>> InstallShield Developer Support
>>

NewsArchive
03-23-1999, 01:00 AM
Hi:

I see no tab labeled temp files that shows when I click on disk
builder? No idea what you are talking about.

Thanks

Best regards

NewsArchive
03-24-1999, 01:00 AM
I installed DCOM95.exe and rebooted before installing my program on all five
Win95 machines I've tried.
Does it have to be DCOM98??? I have not installed DCOM98 on the other
platforms and the installation and program worked there.

In the mean while I created a small VB6sp2 program completely empty except
for a Sub Main with two lines.
In the DataEnvironment1 I place a connection referring to a Access database
by using JET 3.51 and a command for a table in the database.

Dim rst as ADODB.recordset
Set rst = DataEnvironment1.rstbl

I install it using isx2.11 on a Win 95 machine a get the same 'Error 429'
message. On a Win98 no error message.
The Win95 machine had DCOM95 1.2 installed first and was rebooted.
MDAC_typ.exe was then installed and then my program.

I wish the error message wasn't so cryptic. Which AxtiveX control and which
object??? From my sample program above it seems to have something to do with
ADO or the DataEnvironment designer.

Any other ideas????


InstallShield Software Corp. <support@installshield.com> wrote in message
news:36f7b3cd.0@news.installshield.com...
> It sounds to me that since NT and windows 98 already have DCOM installed
and
> Windows 95 does not, and that Windows 95 is the only platform that this
> fails
> on, that this may be a problem with your DCOM installation.
>
> Regards,
>
> Eric
> InstallShield Developer Support
>
>
>
>
> Alexander Dobronte wrote in message <36f14bf6@news.installshield.com>...
> >I'm having a hell of a time trying to install a VB6 program using ADO.
> First
> >you have the whole DCOM95.exe and MDAC_typ.exe problem. Then once I
figured
> >that out my program still didn't work because ISX 2.11 was copying
> >"MSDERUN.DLL" into the "<WinSysDir>" instead of "<CommonFiles>\designer
> >directory". This file is necessary if you use a 'DataEnvironment' data
> >source. Then I thought everything worked and it does on Win98 and WinNT
> >machines. I've done several installations on clean machines without
> >incident. But, there's always a but, on a clean Win95b machine with
> >DCOM95.exe ver 1.2, the latest I could find at Microsofts Web site. The
> >machine rebooted. MDAC_typ.exe installed, machine rebooted, then my
program
> >installed. I get an 'error 429 activex component can't create object',
when
> >I run my program. I nver saw this message before, when running my program
> >under Win98 or NT. I read the other message about error 429 and yes I did
> >select the DAO/Jet object in the Specify IS objects for VB6 and if I
hadn't
> >it would not have worked on the other platforms. What bugs me is that I
> >thought my installation woes were behind me. It only does NOT work in
> WIN95.
> >
> >Any ideas????
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Alexander
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>

NewsArchive
06-30-1999, 12:00 AM
It does not seem to be a memory problem. I ran the task manager and it
indicated there was plenty available. Also, I cleaned out the TEMP
directory and re-booted to free memory. Still got the error. The install
file is only 7.5Mb compressed. I did have one user report the problem on a
Win-95 machine, which indicates the error was not NT-specific as I
originally had thought.

I re-ran the build (no changes to the .IWZ) and it seems to be OK now. I
have not heard back either way from the users who were having trouble.

Jeff

InstallShield Software Corp. wrote in message
<377799e3.0@news.installshield.com>...
>The Out of Memory error message may occur when Windows NT needs more space
>in virtual memory. Filling the TEMP directory with files (as InstallShield
>does) can potentially overrun the virtual memory limit on Windows NT.
>
>Note: Memory associated with the TEMP directory resides in virtual memory
on
>Windows NT.
>
>Deleting files from the TEMP directory may eliminate this error. You can
>also increase the amount of hard-disk space the computer can use as virtual
>memory.
>
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Eric
>InstallShield Support

NewsArchive
11-23-1999, 01:00 AM
Ooops - sorry to post 4 times - was trying to get to root of group.

The C:\windows\temp is empty except for webpool. I get the error immediately
upon dbl click on setup.exe

Here is screen shot you requested:


The files on the CD all look fine - no spaces, no long file names

NewsArchive
11-24-1999, 01:00 AM
Please close Outlook and see if that helps.
Can you post the version number of setup.exe?

Try and remove (backup first) all occurrences of isun*.exe in your Windows
and System directories.

--
Stefan Krueger
Independent Setup Consultant

// InstallSite - Resources for Setup Developers
// http://www.installsite.org

My reply-to address is invalid to avoid spam.
Paid support and consulting services are available:
Write to info@installsite.org for details (auto-responder).


Jeffrey M. Gagen <jeffNOSPAM@sfocpa.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
383c0987.0@news.installshield.com...
> Ooops - sorry to post 4 times - was trying to get to root of group.
>
> The C:\windows\temp is empty except for webpool. I get the error
immediately
> upon dbl click on setup.exe
>
> Here is screen shot you requested:
>
>
> The files on the CD all look fine - no spaces, no long file names
>
>
>
>
>

NewsArchive
11-24-1999, 01:00 AM
Version of setup.exe is 3.00.111.0

I deleted isun* - no effect
I have tried many times to run this with only explorer running and no
effect -same problem - forgot to do this when I took the screen shot

NewsArchive
11-26-1999, 01:00 AM
For whatever reason Installshield appears to be unable to extract and/or
launch the main install engine.
Another test: Clear the TEMP directory, then start the setup. Don not close
the error message box! Examine the temp directory to see which files and
directories have been created, and post the list here.

I don't think that this is a problem with the OS version _number_ (although
it may be a problem with the actual version). The setup.exe is a 16 bit stub
that can't differentiate beteween Win95, 98 or 98 SE.

BTW these setups are not using InstallShield 5, but InstallShield Express.
So maybe you'll get better answers in the installshield.express.general
newsgroup.

--
Stefan Krueger
Independent Setup Consultant

// InstallSite - Resources for Setup Developers
// http://www.installsite.org

My reply-to address is invalid to avoid spam.
Paid support and consulting services are available:
Write to info@installsite.org for details (auto-responder).


Jeffrey M. Gagen <jeffNOSPAM@sfocpa.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
383c8346.0@news.installshield.com...
> Version of setup.exe is 3.00.111.0
>
> I deleted isun* - no effect
> I have tried many times to run this with only explorer running and no
> effect -same problem - forgot to do this when I took the screen shot
>
>
>
>

NewsArchive
12-08-1999, 01:00 AM
yes, i have a temp and tmp. They are set correctly and neither are readonly.
I emptied temp and retried, and deleted and recreated temp directory, but no
success.


Olga K (InstallShield) wrote in message
<384e685b.0@news.installshield.com>...
>Hello,
>
>Do you have a temp directory? If so, make sure it's not been marked as
read
>only.
>If you go to a command prompt and type in
>set
>you should get a list of what all your vars have been set, and TEMP and TMP
>should be specified there as well.
>
>Sincerely,
>--
>Olga K.
>InstallShield Technical Support
>
>InstallShield® Professional 2000 is now available from InstallShield
>Software Corporation! Take advantage of new event-based scripting
>and enhanced third-party technology support. Target the Windows Installer
>service of Windows 2000. Find out more! Visit www.installshield.com
>and upgrade to InstallShield Professional 2000 today!
>
>
>
>M Goodman wrote in message <384e5871.0@news.installshield.com>...
>>I am trying to install on an NT 4.0 SP4. Installshield version is
>3.00.095.0
>>Install shield fails with the message "Setup is unable to find a hard disk
>>location to store temporary files. Make at least 813Mg free and try again.
>>Error 101. "This happens when setup is preparing the install shield
wizard.
>>The total size of drive is 18 Gig. The C:\ partition is 2GIG FAT and has
>807
>>meg free. The E: partition is NTFS with the remainder of the space.
>> I am installing with full admin rights. Installshield KB: Q102875
"ERRMSG:
>>Setup Initialization Error 101" that applied to Win98 but this did not
>help.
>>I did not have a problem installing on a different machine with the same
>>drive configuration. Other programs that have used install shield have
been
>>run on this machine recently with no problem.
>>
>>Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>
>
>

NewsArchive
12-08-1999, 01:00 AM
Hello,

Have you checked out KB Q100298? This is a good article for troubleshooting
general setup initialization errors. Try taking all the recommended steps
listed in that article.
--
Olga K.
InstallShield Technical Support

InstallShield® Professional 2000 is now available from InstallShield
Software Corporation! Take advantage of new event-based scripting
and enhanced third-party technology support. Target the Windows Installer
service of Windows 2000. Find out more! Visit www.installshield.com
and upgrade to InstallShield Professional 2000 today!



M Goodman wrote in message <384e87ff.0@news.installshield.com>...
>yes, i have a temp and tmp. They are set correctly and neither are
readonly.
>I emptied temp and retried, and deleted and recreated temp directory, but
no
>success.
>
>
>Olga K (InstallShield) wrote in message
><384e685b.0@news.installshield.com>...
>>Hello,
>>
>>Do you have a temp directory? If so, make sure it's not been marked as
>read
>>only.
>>If you go to a command prompt and type in
>>set
>>you should get a list of what all your vars have been set, and TEMP and
TMP
>>should be specified there as well.
>>
>>Sincerely,
>>--
>>Olga K.
>>InstallShield Technical Support
>>
>>InstallShield® Professional 2000 is now available from InstallShield
>>Software Corporation! Take advantage of new event-based scripting
>>and enhanced third-party technology support. Target the Windows Installer
>>service of Windows 2000. Find out more! Visit www.installshield.com
>>and upgrade to InstallShield Professional 2000 today!
>>
>>
>>
>>M Goodman wrote in message <384e5871.0@news.installshield.com>...
>>>I am trying to install on an NT 4.0 SP4. Installshield version is
>>3.00.095.0
>>>Install shield fails with the message "Setup is unable to find a hard
disk
>>>location to store temporary files. Make at least 813Mg free and try
again.
>>>Error 101. "This happens when setup is preparing the install shield
>wizard.
>>>The total size of drive is 18 Gig. The C:\ partition is 2GIG FAT and has
>>807
>>>meg free. The E: partition is NTFS with the remainder of the space.
>>> I am installing with full admin rights. Installshield KB: Q102875
>"ERRMSG:
>>>Setup Initialization Error 101" that applied to Win98 but this did not
>>help.
>>>I did not have a problem installing on a different machine with the same
>>>drive configuration. Other programs that have used install shield have
>been
>>>run on this machine recently with no problem.
>>>
>>>Any help would be appreciated.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>

NewsArchive
12-08-1999, 01:00 AM
I am sorry,
that's supposed to be Q100198.


Olga


Olga K (InstallShield) wrote in message
<384ebe2a.0@news.installshield.com>...
>Hello,
>
>Have you checked out KB Q100298? This is a good article for
troubleshooting
>general setup initialization errors. Try taking all the recommended steps
>listed in that article.
>--
>Olga K.
>InstallShield Technical Support
>
>InstallShield® Professional 2000 is now available from InstallShield
>Software Corporation! Take advantage of new event-based scripting
>and enhanced third-party technology support. Target the Windows Installer
>service of Windows 2000. Find out more! Visit www.installshield.com
>and upgrade to InstallShield Professional 2000 today!
>
>
>
>M Goodman wrote in message <384e87ff.0@news.installshield.com>...
>>yes, i have a temp and tmp. They are set correctly and neither are
>readonly.
>>I emptied temp and retried, and deleted and recreated temp directory, but
>no
>>success.
>>
>>
>>Olga K (InstallShield) wrote in message
>><384e685b.0@news.installshield.com>...
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>Do you have a temp directory? If so, make sure it's not been marked as
>>read
>>>only.
>>>If you go to a command prompt and type in
>>>set
>>>you should get a list of what all your vars have been set, and TEMP and
>TMP
>>>should be specified there as well.
>>>
>>>Sincerely,
>>>--
>>>Olga K.
>>>InstallShield Technical Support
>>>
>>>InstallShield® Professional 2000 is now available from InstallShield
>>>Software Corporation! Take advantage of new event-based scripting
>>>and enhanced third-party technology support. Target the Windows
Installer
>>>service of Windows 2000. Find out more! Visit www.installshield.com
>>>and upgrade to InstallShield Professional 2000 today!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>M Goodman wrote in message <384e5871.0@news.installshield.com>...
>>>>I am trying to install on an NT 4.0 SP4. Installshield version is
>>>3.00.095.0
>>>>Install shield fails with the message "Setup is unable to find a hard
>disk
>>>>location to store temporary files. Make at least 813Mg free and try
>again.
>>>>Error 101. "This happens when setup is preparing the install shield
>>wizard.
>>>>The total size of drive is 18 Gig. The C:\ partition is 2GIG FAT and has
>>>807
>>>>meg free. The E: partition is NTFS with the remainder of the space.
>>>> I am installing with full admin rights. Installshield KB: Q102875
>>"ERRMSG:
>>>>Setup Initialization Error 101" that applied to Win98 but this did not
>>>help.
>>>>I did not have a problem installing on a different machine with the same
>>>>drive configuration. Other programs that have used install shield have
>>been
>>>>run on this machine recently with no problem.
>>>>
>>>>Any help would be appreciated.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>

NewsArchive
04-16-2000, 12:00 AM
I have seen this before. Basically it looked like an uninstall had failed
but was still memory resident. A reboot usually fixes it.

Kevin

"Rob Diaz" <rdiaz@helmsmangroup.com> wrote in message
news:38f748e4.0@208.30.171.38...
> This could be totally wrong, but did the user uninstall something (your
> program or not) before installing yours? Perhaps some remnant of
> uninstallshield was in memory and required a re-boot to take care of it.
>
> I've never experienced this, but it is a thought....
>
> --Rob
>
> Peter Falk <calibre@gmx.net> wrote in message
> news:38f74578.0@208.30.171.38...
> > An NT user told me about an error that used to happen during an
> installation on an NT machine:
> > > Setup has detected that Uninstallshield is in use. Please close
> UnInstallshield and restart Setup. Error 432 <.The version of
> > Installshield Express is 2.12. The user assured me, that he hadn't
opened
> Uninstallshield. The installation-procedure could not be
> > completed.
> >
> > Help!!
> >
> >
>
>

NewsArchive
05-22-2000, 12:00 AM
Hello Mathias

Please make sure you have no empty file groups. As a rule you must have at
least one file in a file group.

--
Regards
Franco Pagnamenta
InstallShield Software Corp.
"Matthias Carell" <Matthias.Carell@varetis.de> wrote in message
news:3923A45A.49B5E29B@varetis.de...
> Aharon Yosef wrote:
> >
> > I am getting the following message after running install;
> > General file transfer error. Please check your target location and try
> > again.
> > Filename (this is blank)
> > Error 42.
> >
> > I can't find this error in the documentataion. what gives?
> I got this error message when I tried to install files with names like
> ".$in" or ".$OC". When I removed this files setups worked like expected.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Matthias
> --
> Matthias Carell
> Munich,Germany

NewsArchive
07-25-2000, 12:00 AM
I tried that. I have 128 Mb of Ram and 3Gb free space on my hard drive.

The problem seem to be that I have too many files to install (a complete web
site of 25000 pages).

Régis

Jeff Utz a écrit :

> You can also try closing all programs, except for Install Shield. This can
> free up a lot of memory.
>
> jeff
> "Régis" <regis.interactive@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
> news:39741EA8.AC23A59A@wanadoo.fr...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I receive a Error 104 message, out of memory, when I try to build my
> > setup. How can I solve this?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Régis
> > accent-tonique@wanadoo.fr
> >

NewsArchive
07-25-2000, 12:00 AM
I have 128 Mb of Ram and 3Gb free space on my hard drive.

The problem seem to be that I have too many files to install (a complete
web site of 25000 pages).

Régis

Marko Kaiser a écrit :

> Régis wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I receive a Error 104 message, out of memory, when I try to build my
> > setup. How can I solve this?
> >
>
> Believe what it said:
> 1. Buy more physical memory (inbetween I upgraded to 256MB) or
> 2. Buy a larger hard disk...
>
> Marko
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> dSPACE Gmbh Marko Kaiser
> Technologiepark 25 Junior Software Developer
> 33100 Paderborn Phone: +49 5251-1638553
> Email: mkaiser@dspace.de
> Germany
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NewsArchive
09-10-2000, 12:00 AM
Hello,

> What version of InstallShield Express are you using?

ISX for Delphi 4 version 2.02

>If your customer tries
> to install again does he get the Error?

yes, he reported to have tried it several times.
Regards,
Lorenz

>
> --
> > Hello,
> > one of my customers complains that he cannot install my software an
always
> > would get this error message:
> >
> > "Setup was unable to load installation script file
> > C:\windows\temp\setup.ins, The script was created with a newer version
> > of installshield. Please use the newer installshield setup program.
ERROR
> > 429."