PDA

View Full Version : BDE v4.51 Patch



NewsArchive
01-17-1998, 01:00 AM
When is a patch expected to solve the problems with the new BDE version?

Thanks.

NewsArchive
01-18-1998, 01:00 AM
On Sat, 17 Jan 1998 14:32:03 -0500, John Crouch <jcrouch@expocard.com>
wrote:
>When is a patch expected to solve the problems with the new BDE version?

I don't know, but I do hear that it has been addressed and will be fixed.

Stefan
ellipse data systems

NewsArchive
01-28-1998, 01:00 AM
On Sun, 18 Jan 1998 08:04:49 GMT, owner@ellipse-data.com (Stefan
Paetow) wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Jan 1998 14:32:03 -0500, John Crouch <jcrouch@expocard.com>
>wrote:
>>When is a patch expected to solve the problems with the new BDE version?
>
>I don't know, but I do hear that it has been addressed and will be fixed.
>
>Stefan
>ellipse data systems

Is there any new information on this? I checked the web page and
found nothing.

NewsArchive
01-29-1998, 01:00 AM
<rant><whine>
I can't beleive IS is so slow responding to this. What are people
supposed to do *NOT* use the new BDE? The patch cannot be that
difficult to produce.

Come on IS. GET WITH IT!

</rant></whine>

Rob

Dennis Powers wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jan 1998 08:04:49 GMT, owner@ellipse-data.com (Stefan
> Paetow) wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 17 Jan 1998 14:32:03 -0500, John Crouch
> <jcrouch@expocard.com>
> >wrote:
> >>When is a patch expected to solve the problems with the new BDE
> version?
> >
> >I don't know, but I do hear that it has been addressed and will be
> fixed.
> >
> >Stefan
> >ellipse data systems
>
> Is there any new information on this? I checked the web page and
> found nothing.

NewsArchive
01-31-1998, 01:00 AM
On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 22:16:28 GMT, Dennis@pcpoll.com (Dennis Powers) wrote:
>Is there any new information on this? I checked the web page and
>found nothing.

I've heard nothing. But I guess it will be out like every new version in
February or March.

Stefan
ellipse data systems

NewsArchive
01-31-1998, 01:00 AM
On Thu, 29 Jan 1998 06:25:56 -0800, Rob Schuff <robertsc@teleport.com>
wrote:
>I can't beleive IS is so slow responding to this. What are people
>supposed to do *NOT* use the new BDE? The patch cannot be that
>difficult to produce.

Rob, this does take time. Special care is being taken especially because of
most of the errors, problems and other stuff that have happened to BDE
users.

Stefan
ellipse data systems

NewsArchive
02-02-1998, 01:00 AM
On Sat, 31 Jan 1998 19:19:45 GMT, owner@ellipse-data.com (Stefan
Paetow) wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 22:16:28 GMT, Dennis@pcpoll.com (Dennis Powers) wrote:
>>Is there any new information on this? I checked the web page and
>>found nothing.
>
>I've heard nothing. But I guess it will be out like every new version in
>February or March.
>
>Stefan
>ellipse data systems

Thanks for the info. If I understand you correctly you are saying
that the BDE 4.51 install will have to wait for the next version of
installshiled express. What we need in the interim is an explicit
list of steps required to get it working with the existing version of
installshield. Is there some reason why this can not be posted? I'm
baffled!

NewsArchive
02-02-1998, 01:00 AM
On Mon, 02 Feb 1998 17:08:35 GMT, Dennis@pcpoll.com (Dennis Powers) wrote:
>Thanks for the info. If I understand you correctly you are saying
>that the BDE 4.51 install will have to wait for the next version of

If it is not included in the next new version or maintenance release if
there is one, I'm sure InstallShield will provide some kind of whitepaper
or updated component that will allow you to install the BDE.

I am still waiting for Borland to come back to me on the required files
list for BDE 4.51.

Stefan
ellipse data systems

NewsArchive
02-03-1998, 01:00 AM
I am also having another problem. I build the install on
a Windows 95 machine and then it copies old versions of
system files over the Window NT versions. The client
gets a blue screen of death. After he manually copies
back the NT system files to the system directory, the
NT system boots fine. Using InstallSheild Express 1.11a.

Who at Borland are you waiting on? I will complain too if
it will get both of these problems solved any faster.

Stefan Paetow wrote:
>
> On Mon, 02 Feb 1998 17:08:35 GMT, Dennis@pcpoll.com (Dennis Powers) wrote:
> >Thanks for the info. If I understand you correctly you are saying
> >that the BDE 4.51 install will have to wait for the next version of
>
> If it is not included in the next new version or maintenance release if
> there is one, I'm sure InstallShield will provide some kind of whitepaper
> or updated component that will allow you to install the BDE.
>
> I am still waiting for Borland to come back to me on the required files
> list for BDE 4.51.
>
> Stefan
> ellipse data systems

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
BSS Application FrameWork
BSS VCL Pack

http://www.bss-software.com

NewsArchive
02-04-1998, 01:00 AM
On Tue, 03 Feb 1998 12:06:01 -0500, tmiller <tmiller@bss-software.com>
wrote:
>system files over the Window NT versions. The client
>gets a blue screen of death. After he manually copies
>back the NT system files to the system directory, the
>NT system boots fine. Using InstallSheild Express 1.11a.

Upgrade to Express 2.01. However it is best to rather build your
installations on the platform to be deployed on.

>Who at Borland are you waiting on? I will complain too if
>it will get both of these problems solved any faster.

David Intersimone, Developer Relations.

Stefan
ellipse data systems

NewsArchive
02-04-1998, 01:00 AM
So I need to create 4 install:

Windows 95a
Windows 95b
Windows 95c
Windows NT

Great product you have here.


Stefan Paetow wrote:
>
> On Tue, 03 Feb 1998 12:06:01 -0500, tmiller <tmiller@bss-software.com>
> wrote:
> >system files over the Window NT versions. The client
> >gets a blue screen of death. After he manually copies
> >back the NT system files to the system directory, the
> >NT system boots fine. Using InstallSheild Express 1.11a.
>
> Upgrade to Express 2.01. However it is best to rather build your
> installations on the platform to be deployed on.
>
> >Who at Borland are you waiting on? I will complain too if
> >it will get both of these problems solved any faster.
>
> David Intersimone, Developer Relations.
>
> Stefan
> ellipse data systems

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
BSS Application FrameWork
BSS VCL Pack

http://www.bss-software.com

NewsArchive
02-05-1998, 01:00 AM
On Wed, 04 Feb 1998 20:46:47 -0500, tmiller <tmiller@bss-software.com>
wrote:
>So I need to create 4 install:

No. 2.

>Great product you have here.

I don't work for InstallShield. I support developers in problems.

Stefan
ellipse data systems

NewsArchive
02-05-1998, 01:00 AM
Thanks then, sorry for the miss directed sarcasm.

I got an answer back from InstallSheild tech support and they
recommended that I purchase 2.01. With Wise it's easy to
tell install to only install a file for Windows 95. I would assume
that everyone already has applied the latest patches to
NT and I don't have to worry about replacing the system
files.

Don't want to spend the $195 for nothing.

Stefan Paetow wrote:
>
> On Wed, 04 Feb 1998 20:46:47 -0500, tmiller <tmiller@bss-software.com>
> wrote:
> >So I need to create 4 install:
>
> No. 2.
>
> >Great product you have here.
>
> I don't work for InstallShield. I support developers in problems.
>
> Stefan
> ellipse data systems

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
BSS Application FrameWork
BSS VCL Pack

http://www.bss-software.com

NewsArchive
03-24-1998, 01:00 AM
I would be very much in need of this file list myself!!

TIA,
Alfredo

Stefan Paetow escreveu na mensagem
<34d65419.2716265@news.installshield.com>...
>On Mon, 02 Feb 1998 17:08:35 GMT, Dennis@pcpoll.com (Dennis Powers) wrote:
>>Thanks for the info. If I understand you correctly you are saying
>>that the BDE 4.51 install will have to wait for the next version of
>
>If it is not included in the next new version or maintenance release if
>there is one, I'm sure InstallShield will provide some kind of whitepaper
>or updated component that will allow you to install the BDE.
>
>I am still waiting for Borland to come back to me on the required files
>list for BDE 4.51.
>
>Stefan
>ellipse data systems