PDA

View Full Version : Installshield 2018 install silent

CGCampbell
01-18-2019, 10:31 AM
Is there anyway to install Installshield 2018 in silent mode? i am not trying to make an installer i am trying to install the software silently.

Jenifer
01-22-2019, 05:25 AM
Is there anyway to install Installshield 2018 in silent mode? i am not trying to make an installer i am trying to install the software silently.

Hi,

You can use setup.exe /silent to install it silently.Since it is suite setup you can use all the parameters related suite project mentioned here:
https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield19helplib/helplibrary/SteSetupexeParam.htm

Thanks,
Jenifer

CGCampbell
01-24-2019, 12:08 PM
Hi,

You can use setup.exe /silent to install it silently.Since it is suite setup you can use all the parameters related suite project mentioned here:
https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield19helplib/helplibrary/SteSetupexeParam.htm

Thanks,
Jenifer

Thanks now need to figure out if i can install this on Windows Server Core. With regular windows server 2016 i can install in silent mode just fine but with Server core it appears to hang up and not sure why.

CGCampbell
02-12-2019, 07:33 PM
Thanks now need to figure out if i can install this on Windows Server Core. With regular windows server 2016 i can install in silent mode just fine but with Server core it appears to hang up and not sure why.

Well was able to install installshield 2018 SAB on a docker container but it fails to build any installers with. Dont think its possible to put installshield inside a docker container sigh

InstallShield (R)
Release Builder
Copyright (c) 2018 Flexera.

All Rights Reserved.

Build started at Feb 13 2019 12:12 AM
Building Release: Release

Created release folders
InstallShield Script Compiler
Version 24.0.0.464
Copyright (c) 2018 Flexera. All Rights Reserved.

Compiling...
Setup.Rul
Linking...
Setup.inx - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Checking string table references...
Calculating size of cabinet files...
ISDEV : error -7041: Could not create instance of CABEngine. "CABEngine component might not be installed or registered
properly. You may need to reinstall InstallShield."
Release - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Log file has been created: <file:C:\atmp\test\Media\Release\Log Files\2-13-2019 12-12-38 AM.txt>

Build finished at Feb 13 2019 12:12 AM

Jenifer
02-13-2019, 05:20 AM
Well was able to install installshield 2018 SAB on a docker container but it fails to build any installers with. Dont think its possible to put installshield inside a docker container sigh

InstallShield (R)
Release Builder
Copyright (c) 2018 Flexera.

All Rights Reserved.

Build started at Feb 13 2019 12:12 AM
Building Release: Release

Created release folders
InstallShield Script Compiler
Version 24.0.0.464
Copyright (c) 2018 Flexera. All Rights Reserved.

Compiling...
Setup.Rul
Linking...
Setup.inx - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Checking string table references...
Calculating size of cabinet files...
ISDEV : error -7041: Could not create instance of CABEngine. "CABEngine component might not be installed or registered
properly. You may need to reinstall InstallShield."
Release - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Log file has been created: <file:C:\atmp\test\Media\Release\Log Files\2-13-2019 12-12-38 AM.txt>

Build finished at Feb 13 2019 12:12 AM

Hi,

Possible cause would be failure instantiation of MediaBuild40.dll,

-can you try registering C:\<PROGRAMFILES32>InstallShield\2019\System\MediaBuild40.dll on the docker instance?
-Give it a try for basic MSI project building also,to get to know root-cause.

Thanks,
Jenifer

CGCampbell
02-13-2019, 03:47 PM
Hi,

Possible cause would be failure instantiation of MediaBuild40.dll,

-can you try registering C:\<PROGRAMFILES32>InstallShield\2019\System\MediaBuild40.dll on the docker instance?
-Give it a try for basic MSI project building also,to get to know root-cause.

Thanks,
Jenifer

So i register the dll, and built a basic msi and it appears to work but unable to build a installscript project.

CGCampbell
02-15-2019, 09:59 AM
So i register the dll, and built a basic msi and it appears to work but unable to build a installscript project.

After more testing, i can build msi install script project just not a pure installscript project. i did try CD-ROM option for compressing files which does not compress but it still fails with the same error.