PDA

View Full Version : Prerequisite Issue - Skipped then Installs on second run of Setup.exe.

Superfreak3
10-09-2018, 09:34 PM
Hi all,

I have a prerequisite .exe that basically runs all the time (no conditions set). It checks a few things in the registry, detects if an update of a third party product is needed, then executes the update using some supporting files.

What I see happening is that I fire the .exe and the prereq is skipped or doesn't run. I immediately try the Setup.exe again and the prerequisite works as intended (fires the uninstall of old version, install of new version, but I cancel the upgrade so I can repeatedly test this problematic condition). I can the next run will not work, the following will, etc. Its pretty consistent that way.

I generated a debug log and I do see this during a failed attempt...

Skipping prerequisite 'MyPrerequisite.prq' because it was installed before the reboot. What does this mean?

I've been searching, but can't really find anything. I did see some issues testing on a VM, which I am doing, but I haven't seen anything like this before and I have similar actions which are fine.

Any help would be appreciated!!