PDA

View Full Version : Direct Editor Table Search Doesn't Stop...

Superfreak3
08-08-2018, 01:19 PM
Hi all,

When I search the tables in directory the search does not stop. All the panes are flashing with string patter finds, but it keeps going and doesn't stop so I can analyze things.

How can I get the search to SLOW Down!!

Jenifer
08-17-2018, 08:28 AM
Hi all,

When I search the tables in directory the search does not stop. All the panes are flashing with string patter finds, but it keeps going and doesn't stop so I can analyze things.

How can I get the search to SLOW Down!!

Hi Superfreak,

Generally search feature in any application will do search & display the results.Here in InstallShield it'll try to search and spot if any match found else it'll end up saying no matches found.Hopefully this is expected behavior

Thanks,
Jenifer

Superfreak3
08-17-2018, 09:38 AM
Hi Superfreak,

Generally search feature in any application will do search & display the results.Here in InstallShield it'll try to search and spot if any match found else it'll end up saying no matches found.Hopefully this is expected behavior

Thanks,
Jenifer

Yes, I think I jumped the gun on this one. The way the search was running, it was pausing at certain points briefly and I was thinking it was getting hits on the search criteria, but continuing.

I'll have to keep my eyes out for the nothing found message.