PDA

View Full Version : Running an installer within an installer lists wrong uninstaller on main setup

guzmanpaco
07-04-2017, 12:03 AM
Hi

I currently have an issue with New Style setup, which forces me now to use basic style. My installer does the following:

1. Install driver through another Installshield installer (built on 2015 or 2016 that installs driver and adds uninstaller for driver only. I tried basic style and new style but same issue). Basically before file copy is performed, I install the driver through an iss file and it finishes and closes in the background.
2. Main installer installs files and shortcuts.
3. Installation is complete.

Going to Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs and running main installer's uninstaller runs the uninstaller of the driver uninstaller (offers to upgrade installer to latest version). This issue does not occur on New Style setup but I have an issue with that on another thread.

Is there a fix for this or is this a limitation of basic style? Uninstallation only works if I run the main installer's setup.exe. Product codes of both installers are different, so I'm not sure if this is expected with a basic style installer.