PDA

View Full Version : NT Services, Repair Modus



NewsArchive
12-06-2001, 01:00 AM
Hello,
one diest is beeing to install with LocalSystem-Account.

After this the administrator has the possibiliy to
change service properties such account,
start mode.

How to preserve the last admin changes after
next install-repair-mode calling?
After repair will be this service as new installed!

Thanks.

NewsArchive
12-06-2001, 01:00 AM
"> Hello,
> one diest is beeing to install with LocalSystem-Account.

IT SHOULD BE WRITTEN:

one NT-SERVICE is beeing to installed with LocalSystem-Account.

NewsArchive
12-06-2001, 01:00 AM
"> Hello,
> one diest is beeing to install with LocalSystem-Account.

IT SHOULD BE WRITTEN:

one NT-SERVICE is beeing to installed with LocalSystem-Account.

NewsArchive
12-06-2001, 01:00 AM
By default, Repair will not reset the service settings.

Regards
David Thornley

"Fred Willson" <FWillson@offline.cc> wrote in message
news:3c0f76b9@news.installshield.com...
> Hello,
> one diest is beeing to install with LocalSystem-Account.
>
> After this the administrator has the possibiliy to
> change service properties such account,
> start mode.
>
> How to preserve the last admin changes after
> next install-repair-mode calling?
> After repair will be this service as new installed!
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>

NewsArchive
12-06-2001, 01:00 AM
How can I get in script mode of installation?
I would like to know, If am I in Repair Mode.

Thanks

Fred


"David Thornley" <davidt@installshield.com>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3c0fb913$1@news.installshield.com...
By default, Repair will not reset the service
settings.

Regards
David Thornley

"Fred Willson" <FWillson@offline.cc> wrote in
message
news:3c0f76b9@news.installshield.com...
> Hello,
> one diest is beeing to install with
LocalSystem-Account.
>
> After this the administrator has the possibiliy
to
> change service properties such account,
> start mode.
>
> How to preserve the last admin changes after
> next install-repair-mode calling?
> After repair will be this service as new
installed!
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>

NewsArchive
12-06-2001, 01:00 AM
In InstallScript there is a variable called MAINTENANCE that gets set if you
are in that mode. In Basic MSI Projects there is an MsiGetMode function.
This is all well documented in the help library.

"Fred Willson" <FWillson@offline.cc> wrote in message
news:3c0fc08c@news.installshield.com...
> How can I get in script mode of installation?
> I would like to know, If am I in Repair Mode.
>
> Thanks
>
> Fred
>
>
> "David Thornley" <davidt@installshield.com>
> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:3c0fb913$1@news.installshield.com...
> By default, Repair will not reset the service
> settings.
>
> Regards
> David Thornley
>
> "Fred Willson" <FWillson@offline.cc> wrote in
> message
> news:3c0f76b9@news.installshield.com...
> > Hello,
> > one diest is beeing to install with
> LocalSystem-Account.
> >
> > After this the administrator has the possibiliy
> to
> > change service properties such account,
> > start mode.
> >
> > How to preserve the last admin changes after
> > next install-repair-mode calling?
> > After repair will be this service as new
> installed!
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>