PDA

View Full Version : Start Menu Installation query

AdamH101
09-22-2016, 03:19 AM
Hi,

I have created an application in the form of a frame site with Adobe Fireworks which will be sent out to our customers. The whole thing works great and I have managed to package it up into a executable but am having difficulty understanding how to display it in the start menu programs list as has been done with previous versions.

A colleague use to package this up and within the start menu > programs it displayed as follows - a folder called our company name and within that was a link to launch the frame site in a browser (starting on the home page)

However, all I seem to be able to do is as follows - a folder called our company name, within that another folder which is the application name and within that a link to the home page.

Now I understand where the application name is coming from because on the application information page you have to enter an application name but really I don't want to have an application name, just a link to the homepage within the intial company name folder , is that possible? Also I would like to change the name of the link to our application name instead of home.htm and i would like that to not have a file extension , so instead of "home.htm" i would like "adam's application".

Is anyone able to give me a hand and tell me what I may be doing wrong?

Thank you!