PDA

View Full Version : Custom Action called from Dialog

marliese.drude
08-31-2016, 03:16 AM
I'm about to build an Basic MSI that should replace an installscript msi project.
I have almost done the features/components/files stuff and created the custom dialogs I need.
One dialog should call a custom action (installscript) when its next botton is clicked. For a first step it contains only a messagebox.
But it doesn't work though I selected the function in a DoAction and moved this prior to the next dialog. The next dialog should only be shown it this function returns true.

What do I have to do?
As the future function is a bit complicated I wish to debug it.

Any help is very appreciated, perhaps someone has a small example project?

Kind Regards
Marliese

EricJK
09-01-2016, 10:14 AM
I'm about to build an Basic MSI that should replace an installscript msi project.
I have almost done the features/components/files stuff and created the custom dialogs I need.
One dialog should call a custom action (installscript) when its next botton is clicked. For a first step it contains only a messagebox.
But it doesn't work though I selected the function in a DoAction and moved this prior to the next dialog. The next dialog should only be shown it this function returns true.

What do I have to do?
As the future function is a bit complicated I wish to debug it.

Any help is very appreciated, perhaps someone has a small example project?

Kind Regards
Marliese

You may need to add an additional event "NewDialog" after "DoAction" with a condition to check for the true return value. You can then specify which dialog to show next.

Regards,
Eric

marliese.drude
09-02-2016, 12:11 AM
I already have a New Dialog Event, but the Messagebox is never displayed.

Roman1
09-06-2016, 12:33 AM

Hy Marliese,

Let's have a look at the att. example.

marliese.drude
09-06-2016, 12:39 AM
Hi Roman,

sorry I can't find any attachment.
Meanwhile I got an example from flexera support.

Regards,
Marliese