PDA

View Full Version : Uninstaller not being signed on Windows

arrbee
02-17-2016, 12:40 PM
Running IA2015 SP1 Premier on Windows 7, I've set the the project options to digitally sign the installer and this works fine.

However the uninstaller is not being signed - is there a separate control for this that I've missed ?
The only thing I've modified for this on the Sequence/Install page is to rename it to "Modify $PRODUCT_NAME$ Installation".

igiguere
02-17-2016, 12:59 PM
You are in luck. I asked support about this just yesterday :)

http://flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/articles/en_US/HOWTO/Q211494

There are 6 .exe that need to be signed themselves, and kept in the InstallAnywhere instance building the installer. When you build the installer, these .exe will ensure that the uninstaller is singed.

I haven't tested yet, but it's from Flexera support, so....

arrbee
02-23-2016, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, but I still see the same unsigned exe warning message from Windows.

The problem is with the maintenance mode exe, i.e. the one that offers the repair/uninstall add/remove features selection.

arrbee
02-23-2016, 06:21 AM
In fact if I try to sign the "Change PRODUCT Installation.exe" file that is produced by the installer I get:

SignTool Error: SignedCode::Sign returned error: 0x800700C1
%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

which I guess explains why the installer isn't managing to sign it either !

( this is using the Windows signtool )

rajarajn
02-24-2016, 07:11 AM
We couldn't face any issues as such. It would be good if you could provide more details on the project configuration .

arrbee
02-28-2016, 10:24 AM
It appears that the problem is related to selecting a different icon for the uninstaller in the Create Uninstaller action.
If I change this back to using the default icon then the built uninstaller is signed correctly.