PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Folder Linking and Component Naming...

Superfreak3
02-11-2016, 01:48 PM
Hi all,

I have a question regarding Component naming when new files are added to the installation as a result of a dynamic folder link. Currently I don't link any folders and handle everything manually. This hasn't been a problem because once the installation contents have been set, they don't change all that much.

Now we have a web app we are developing and things may change frequently. I would assume that .dlls/.exe's/etc would be named with the file name as is normally the case. If File.exe exists somewhere else, File.exe1 would be added and so on.

My question really revolves around miscellaneous files and how they are placed in AllOtherFiles, AllOtherFiles1, AllOtherFiles2, etc. Is there a way to create better, more descriptive names on the fly when dynamic linking. Maybe named with the directory location - AppBinFolder1Images, or something like that.

I'm guessing there is no setting to do this, but I thought I would give it a shot.

I'd also be interested to know if folks in install creation land use Dynamic Folder linking much, are there pitfalls, etc.

Thanks for any information you can provide!!!