PDA

View Full Version : Validation on Suite Buttons/Controls for Secondary Windows

rguggisberg
02-02-2016, 04:22 PM
What is the trick to making Validation work for Controls and buttons. I am trying to add validation to a Suite Secondary Window and get no difference in behavior no matter what I do. Trying to do a couple things to validate the associated property.
1.. Do not allow C:\
2. Require 3 characters (Min=3; Max=3)
Thanks for any clues.

Hysteresis
02-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Not sure if this entirely relevant but take a look at https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?217364-Can-t-get-Ok-Cancel-buttons-on-a-suite-secondary-window-to-trigger-a-quot-suite-action-quot

As far as I'm aware this behaviour hasn't been changed.

rguggisberg
02-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Thanks Hysteresis,
How did you get around it?
I have a secondary window that I want to do validation on. Since that does not work I made another secondary window that I display conditionally upon exiting the first one. That works ok... but that will not allow me to go back to the first secondary Window with 'Show Window', because according to the log it is already active. If I 'Set Active Page' I can't get to secondary window and it does not matter what window I set it to... it picks up where it left off in the window that originally called the first secondary window.

Hysteresis
02-03-2016, 03:25 AM
I never did find a workaround unfortunately.

I now only use secondary windows for very simple warning/error displays with no data entry fields. I only do data entry/validation in the main wizard pages now.

rguggisberg
02-03-2016, 04:12 PM
I resolved this by creating a drop down list of legal values and using a combo box. Basically, I am doing the validation before user entry... which works better anyway!

Hysteresis
02-04-2016, 03:49 AM
Neat, like that. Wouldn't have worked for me becuase I needed to validate free-format text, but I'll remember that for the future. Cheers.