PDA

View Full Version : 2015 SP1 SAB Windows Blue screen

chriskeag
12-08-2015, 03:44 AM
Hi,

I've recently upgraded to using Installshield 2015 SP1 SAB on a brand new Windows Server 2012 R2 VM. The problem is during one of my installer builds I am getting random windows blue screens which is killing my build process. Obviously this is unacceptable.

Has anyone else experienced this? It appears to happen at the same point, but not every time. I have a .sln file that builds 2 installers which are the same, except one version has all the required pre-requisites compressed into it, whilst the other does not. Each installer is built to a different folder path so they aren't conflicting. The last part shown in my build log is below before the crash (Starred out some parts).

BuildInstaller:
Executing the InstallShield **** task ...
InstallShield (R)
Release Builder
Copyright (c) 2015 Flexera Software LLC.

All Rights Reserved.
788>E:\TFSBuild\1476\src\****: warning : -6248: Could not find dependent file ****.dll, or one of its dependencies of component ****.dll
788>E:\TFSBuild\1476\src\****: warning : -4354: The build was unable to extract COM information from the file E:\TFSBuild\1476\src\*****. Please ensure that the file is self-registering and verify that the self-registration process does not fail.
Executing the InstallShield **** task ...
InstallShield (R)
Release Builder
Copyright (c) 2015 Flexera Software LLC.

All Rights Reserved.

I saw some mention of something similar in this thread https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?219114-BSOD-on-Windows-10
But that related to having 2 versions of Installshield on the system and this VM ONLY has 2015 and nothing else.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks,