PDA

View Full Version : Unable to create Standard Patch in InstallShield Trial version

senthil.s.kumar
08-03-2015, 05:52 AM
I am trying to create the Standard Patch in Trial version of Installshield premier version. When I select the "Latest Setup Path" it is prompting to create Uncompressed version, We select yes to uncompress the setup, but getting message saying "Unable to Uncompress as the setup was created in the Trial Version".

"This setup was created with an EVALUATION VERSION of InstallShield, which does not support extraction of the internal MSI file. The full version of InstallShield supports this functionality. For more information, see InstallShield KB article Q200900."

So I tried creating uncompressed setup by changing the "Compression" property to "Uncompressed" in the Release Section, Even though it is creating Compressed version setup files.

Then I Came through the old Fourm https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?194627-Trial-Limitation-build-events.It is saying this is limitation of Trial Version, it is still applicable.