PDA

View Full Version : Urgent query regarding the capabilities and features of InstallAnywhere

RameshRangaraja
12-03-2014, 08:33 AM
Hi,

I believe that InstallAnywhere is a software tool using which the user can create a single installation file(package) that can be used to install an application on any platform.

Am I correct regarding the above assumption?

Also, I have the following queries -:

1) Can InstallAnywhere be used to create an installable file from a java .jar file? i.e. from a java .jar file I need to create an installable version of it which I should be able to install on any platform using the same installable created with InstallAnywhere?

2) Can the same installable be used to install the application on Windows 32 and 64 bit machines?

3) Can the same installable be used to install the application on Mac OS machines?

4) If in the case that my application needs the JRE to be bundled, does InstallAnywhere support dynamic bundling? i.e. during installation, is there a capability by which InstallAnywhere would automatically detect if the requisite software(JRE in my case) is present on the machine where the application needs to be installed, and if not present, would be able to automatically download that software(JRE) from the site and also install it on the user's machine without any manual intervention?

If not possible without manual intervention, can the same(dynamic bundling) be achieved by directing the user to the site so that the user may then download the requisite software manually?

4) Does InstallAnywhere support licensing?

Please treat this as extremely urgent.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh Rangarajan