PDA

View Full Version : Setup Launcher Unicode has stopped working



sudhapo
11-26-2014, 02:30 AM
We have converted our project from IS2013 to IS2014 and it is major upgrade. The new setup works on virgin machine (Fresh install) but when we do the upgrade, "Setup Launcher Unicode has stopped working" message window pops up and if we close that the upgrade resumes and gets completed (there are two version of our project appears in the Add/remove program list).

Here is the log message from windows event logger,

Faulting application name: setup.exe_IS2013-2014, version: 2.11.0.0, time stamp: 0x53723d9e
Faulting module name: ISSetup.dll, version: 21.0.0.289, time stamp: 0x5372280b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002e9f0
Faulting process id: 0x445c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d008b7e22c67e3
Faulting application path: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\{AFE237DC-BC35-4EA0-BE75-8D8C72AEED54}\setup.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\{AFE237DC-BC35-4EA0-BE75-8D8C72AEED54}\ISSetup.dll
Report Id: 21646326-74ab-11e4-b875-d4bed984929f

Though, i have enabled msi log, no details about this error messaged is logged in the msi log file

Note: this issue does not come if i use IS2013 to create major upgrade of my project