PDA

View Full Version : InstallAnywhere fails (still!) on Windows 2008 Server R2 Debug Edition

kameroncole
10-30-2013, 09:14 AM
I have several InstallAnywhere installers on a fresh Windows 2008 Server R2 Debug. ALL of them fail UNgraciously. I have attached the logs, which seem to be of no use, except that they have lead me to several threads that blame the Debug edition of the OS. 1025710258

The other posts on this forum were from around 2009. I am hoping that Flexera has decided in the ensuing 4 years to support InstallAnywhere even on the debug edition, since that's the one we find on MSDN.

I'm still waiting to either (1) install my software, when I get a solid response to this problem or (2) trash the image, and lose all my work.

KHilker
11-12-2013, 11:57 AM
I am not familiar with a Debug Edition of Windows, but Windows Debug Mode can be enabled and disabled as needed without having to trash your image. See the below MSDN article on disabling Debug Mode and please let us know if that addresses your concern.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee248596(v=vs.100).aspx

Debug Mode has several limitations that impact many applications. If there is a reason you need to run your server perpetually in debug mode, tell us more about your scenario and we can investigate further.