PDA

View Full Version : The 'Exclude Files' section of Replacement Set is not working

Quellious
10-27-2013, 07:20 AM
Hi,

I am using InstallShield 2013 Premier with SP1.
I have an InstallScript MSI project where I defined a ReplacementSet as follows:
Include Files: *
Exclude Files: *;dfb;*.exe;*.dll

However, when running the installation, it completely ignores the Exclude Files settings and processes also these file extensions.
Here is an example from the log. Any idea what am I doing wrong, or perhaps it's an InstallShield bug (and if so, how to work around it?)
Note - the reason for excluding these files is because the 'replace text in files' action crashes if the file is a big binary one (over 512KB, i believe) - another undocumented limitation.

InstallShield 12:30:24: Processing the replacement set 'ReplacementSet1'; Target Folder: C:\MyApp, Include Files: *, Exclude Files: *.dfb;*.exe;*.dll, Include Subfolders: Yes, Look in Unicode Files: Yes, Look in ANSI Files: Yes
InstallShield 12:32:45: Processing the file 'C:\MyApp\ASP.NET\bin\2.x\Oracle.Web.dll'...
InstallShield 12:32:45: Reading the file C:\MyApp\ASP.NET\bin\2.x\Oracle.Web.dll...
InstallShield 12:32:45: Processing the replacement item 'Replacement1'...
InstallShield 12:32:45: Number of items replaced: 0
InstallShield 12:32:45: Processing the file 'C:\MyApp\ASP.NET\bin\2.x\OraProvCfg.exe'...
InstallShield 12:32:45: Reading the file C:\MyApp\ASP.NET\bin\2.x\OraProvCfg.exe...
InstallShield 12:32:45: Processing the replacement item 'Replacement1'...
InstallShield 12:32:45: Number of items replaced: 0
InstallShield 12:32:46: Processing the file 'C:\MyApp\assistants\dbca\templates\example01.dfb'...
InstallShield 12:32:46: Reading the file C:\MyApp\assistants\dbca\templates\example01.dfb...
InstallShield 12:32:46: Processing the replacement item 'Replacement1'...
InstallShield 12:32:48: Number of items replaced: 0