PDA

View Full Version : Application Manager import ambiguous selections

TwoTone
10-08-2013, 12:08 PM
http://imageshack.us/f/855/0kqh.jpg/

Hello! I am in an organization that is trying to incorporate AdminStudio 2013 for our package management. We are currently on SCCM 2007 and plan on migrating to SCCM 2012 in the coming months. One issue we are encountering is that, when using the import wizard within Application Manager and pulling in from sccm 2007, it does not differentiate between different versions of an application when the checkbox window comes up. For example, if I am trying to import all our versions of Adobe Acrobat (8, 9, X, ...) , it does not display the version numbers. Instead, it simply displays a long list of unnumbered identical 'Adobe Acrobat's. As far as I can tell, our packages do include that information but it is not being displayed in the import Wizard, which is very problematic for an organization of our size which has many versions of applications available to our users. How can we control what is being displayed on the import wizard such that it reflects our naming convention (Manufacturer, software name, version), ? Does AS control this completely? Or is this something only the publisher can control? Please see attached image to see what I am referring to. Thank you in advance for any help!