PDA

View Full Version : Error Creating IIS web application

sabeesh
09-25-2013, 07:50 AM
Hello, We have an installer which was build using Installshield 2011 and which creates some web applications under default website. It was working great for a while and now one of our customer machine the site creation is failing with the following error and the installation is rolling back. The machine is Windows Server 2008, IIS version 7. Can anyone please point me what exactly causing this issue. I checked and searched a lot .but I did not get any glimpse to resolve this issue. Any help is appreciated. Attached the complete verbose log.

InstallShield 8:32:46: getvaluelog
InstallShield 8:32:46: put_value succeeded. get_StringValue now returns '0' with string value 'false'.
InstallShield 8:32:46: CommitChanges for path 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST' and physical path 'C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\config\'.
InstallShield 8:32:46: Changing CommitPath from 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST' to the following: MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/IFS
InstallShield 8:32:46: SetVRtDWProperty for property '2104' with value '2'.
InstallShield 8:32:46: AppHostElement objects detected. Unsupported property.
InstallShield 8:32:46: getvaluelog
InstallShield 8:32:46: SetVRtStrProperty for property '6006' with value 'Default.asp'.
InstallShield 8:32:46: GetAdminSection for section 'system.webServer/defaultDocument' and path 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/IFS' and commitpath 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/IFS'.
InstallShield 8:32:46: Clear failed with the following error, try again: -2147024863
InstallShield 8:32:46: Changing CommitPath from 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST' to the following: MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST
InstallShield 8:32:46: GetAdminSection for section 'system.webServer/defaultDocument' and path 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/IFS' and commitpath 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST'.
InstallShield 8:32:46: spCollection is NULL
CustomAction ISIISInstall returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)