PDA

View Full Version : Suite Project file type requests

scottd72
09-20-2013, 02:28 PM
I've started creating projects with the Suite project type, and I thought of a couple enhancements I feel could further improve the product.

1. Have the option to use different suite GUIDs for each release. I have several different products that I wish to make a suite for. Each suite would contain between 1-6 packages. You're able to install all the different products on the same machine, but since I'm limited to one GUID per suite release, I need to build a suite project for every product. Perhaps if there was a way to set the GUID when building via the stand-alone build, that would do the job also, but not as nicely.

2. Something that would go hand-in-hand with different GUIDs and releases is path variable overrides. This would be very helpful for keeping a nice clean project file.

3. Currently, the suite's setup.exe goes into a folder called C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{...GUID...}, and everything works nicely, and the setup.exe is removed automatically. If you move the setup.exe to a different location and run it to uninstall your packages, everything will uninstall properly, however, the setup.exe will still be there when done. So it seems that the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{...GUID...} is hard-coded somewhere to be the magic folder. I think it would be great if the install engineer could set what this folder should be.