PDA

View Full Version : MSI Conversion

reedw
11-09-2012, 04:14 PM
I opened an MSI (from a previous group in my company that was let go) and it was built in Install Shield 2009 though I don't have the original project. So I took the MSI and opened it in Install Shield 2012 SPring and did the wizard to create a project out of it. I then tried to build it and received too errors that I have no idea how to fix, well one warning and one error....

ISDEV : warning -7181: XML file changes requires MSXML 3.0 or later at run time. It is recommended that the setup verify that MSXML is present on the target machines, or that it include MSXML prerequisites or merge modules.

AND

ISDEV : error -1024: Could not stream the file into the MsiEmbeddedUI table.

The thing about the error is it doesn't say what the file is....and the clickable link is of no help, can anyone point me in the right direction. I know the MSIEmbeddedUI is "The MsiEmbeddedUI table defines a user interface embedded in the Windows Installer package." I am not sure if I can just redo something within Install SHield to fix this....

reedw
11-16-2012, 02:44 PM
No one knows? Thought there was an easier way to convert the msi because repackager doesn't get everything correct because the msi that comes out of that doesn't install correctly.