PDA

View Full Version : Silent Mode -s Still Shows GUI Prompts

keithgagne
10-12-2012, 01:01 PM
I am running my InstallScript package using the silent install command line switch -s. It works correctly on multiple machines and operatings systems with no issue. However, on one particular machine, the -s switch appears to be ignored and the GUI prompts are displayed. The machine is running Windows 7 and my installer works correctly on other Windows 7 machines. I am hoping someone has some ideas on why this one maching is displaying GUI prompts even when the -s switch is used.

RobertDickau
10-14-2012, 02:34 PM
It's not clear if you're using the /f1 and /f2 switches to pass the paths to setup.iss and setup.log, but you might check to see if setup.log is created and has an error code in it. If so, the help topic "Checking for Errors Using the Setup.log File" (look in the help index for "setup.log") has details.

keithgagne
10-15-2012, 10:26 AM
I am not using an f1 or f2 switch, only the -s switch. I have seen this on 2 Windows 7 machines now and believe it could be related to whether the command prompt window is initiated with Admin access or not. When the command prompt is not opened with Admin rights, Windows prompts to allow system changes, and then the Install GUI appears. Please note that when I continue using the GUI for Next...Install, the installation works correctly. The key thing I am trying to figure out is why I am getting the GUI windows when using a -s switch. My assumption so far is that is has to do with Windows 7 security.