PDA

View Full Version : Passing variables to custom actions

davizinhr
09-10-2012, 10:35 AM
I had an msi installer where I launch a custom vbs script. This Script read some arguments passed from msi:

[SourceDir];[TARGETDIR];[AppDataFolder]Logisplan;[PersonalFolder];[ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer];[ProgramMenuFolder]

How could I achieve this using InstallShield?

I have included the call to my vbs script at (Custom Actions). But I can't find how to pass it these arguments.

Thanks in advance.

hidenori
09-10-2012, 11:58 AM
You can accomplish it by creating another custom action under the Before File Transfer, and the the following is a sample VB Script code that sets the arguments:

Session.Property("ReadArgumentsCA") = Session.Property("SourceDir") + ";" + Session.Property("TARGETDIR") + ";" Session.Property("AppDataFolder") + "Logisplan;" + Session.Property("PersonalFolder") + .......

Note that ReadArgumentsCA is the name of your custom action that read the arguments through the CustomActionData property.

Hope that helps.

davizinhr
09-12-2012, 03:29 AM
Is it possible to define custom dialogs using Installshield LE version?.

hidenori
09-12-2012, 08:32 AM
The Premier and Professional editions of InstallShield include a dialog editor that let you add custom dialogs, but the Express and Express Limited editions do not.

davizinhr
09-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Ok thanks.

Do you know if it's possible to integrate Installshield 2010 pro with VS2010 or even 2012?

And where should I search how to do it? (i've been googling.... but anything found yet).

thanks in advance.

hidenori
09-12-2012, 11:45 AM
InstallShield 2010 Expansion Pack for Visual Studio 2010 (http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q209084&sliceId=) is required to integrate with the final released version of Visual Studio 2010. InstallShield 2010 does not offer support for Visual Studio 2012.

When the InstallShield product is installed on a development machine where Visual Studio is already installed, during install of the InstallShield product, the integration to Visual Studio will automatically be established. If this integration becomes broken, see Q209060: HOWTO: Repair InstallShield Integration with Visual Studio (http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q209060&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_INFO_1_1&dialogID=134401691&stateId=0 0 134397581).