PDA

View Full Version : Not all files get updated in Maintenance Less Mode installer

sschantz
11-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi,

I have created an Installscript MSI project. Because we wanted our customer to be able to run the install several time without getting prompted to uninstall I have removed the maintenance mode by following the instruction from this link http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalID=Q104414, I also needed to disabled the “Generate Package Code” in the release so that the installer stopped to display that this application was already installed message. This part is working ,I can run the installer several time.

The problem I now face is that when I install a new version of the files (All files have an updated file version) not all of them get replaced. The installer include 6 different features, some of them use static linked files and other dynamic linked files. When running the updated installer only the static linked files seem to get copied.

I also have tried to modify the caching option of the MSI with no success. If I set the MSI command line to REINSTALLMODE=vamus the files get updated but it will not work for the first install.

Does anyone have any suggestion on what I can try next?

Thank you
Sascha