PDA

View Full Version : Mixed set of Vendors using FNPLicensingService - compatability and availability?

vsfoote
07-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Hello Forum!

I have noticed more Vendors adopting FlexNet Publisher TrustedStorage solutions and laying down the FNPLicensingService.exe for Windows based clients. Default location seems to be C:\Program Files\Common\Macrovision Shared\Flexnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe (or FNPLicensingService64.exe)

I've seen this convention in use from Adobe, AutoDesk, and ESRI and understand that all FNP TrustedStorage implemenations use this Flexera distributable.

My question is, since the default location is coded the same by these vendors, what combatability issues exist between the release versions of the FlexNet Publisher components? Will there be problems? And, is it possible/advisable for the user base to obtain the latest release of the FNPLicensingService executables the same as we do now for the lmadmin & lmgrd, lmutils and lmtools components for the FLEXnet server side and deploy it proactively.

With the recent release of FlexNet Publisher 11.9, I have begun updating our license servers. And while working on it would like to address the FNPLicensingService components as well, just not sure how the user side can accomplish this as the vendors rarely keep up with current Flexera FlexNet releases. Can these be made available as downloads on the http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm website?

Regards,

Stuart